APIs & Integrations

James2932

[API] Get label from internal value

Hi all,

I am trying to get the name of each of our clients' contact points through API. This property is a company property; each company has a particular contact point. However when using the API, it returns the internal ID (something like 12345678) instead of the label value (the name of the contact point). 

Is there a way to use the Python API to look up name from internal ID? Thanks. 

4 Replies 4
APatil26
Participant

I am facing similar issue, but did not see any resolution here.

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @James2932,

Yes, you can get the value of the company property using the company id.

Please follow this link https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/companies 

and go to the endpoints tab, check for the GET/crm/v3/objects/companies/{companyId} endpoint, You need to pass the properties that you want in the response, in your case, the internal name of the contact points property.

You can try the api, and copy the exact code of your selected language.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
stewart_fischer

I have a silimar issue. I can get the properties I need as you mention above by passing through what I want. I my case I want hs_analytics_source_data_1 and hs_analytics_source_data_2.  hs_analytics_source_data_1 comes through as IMPORT and hs_analytics_source_data_2 comes through as in internal number which I'm not sure how to get. On the website, I can see the name of the list which was created during the import but not sure how to get the List name. I can use the list api if I knew the unique List Id but the internal number doesn't seem to have any reference to the List Id. Can you shed any light on where to go next? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @James2932 .

@Bryantworks and @JBeatty , would you mind sharing your advice for @James2932 ?

0 Upvotes