APIs & Integrations

hmdg

API Communication Issue

Hey all,

I've added the API key to a site and it successfully shows my mailing lists from Hubspot via the selection dropdown, however when I actually try to subscribe to the list from the frontpage of the site I get the following error:

"Subscription Error: API request failed. API Key is required."

The build is at http://rustons.flywheelsites.com/  and the form is about halfway down the page, as you can see from the attached screenshots the API can successfully see the mailing list on our hubspot account, but nobody can actually sign up to it on the site for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated

Lists visibleLists visibleFailed SignupsFailed Signups

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API Communication Issue

Hey @hmdg 

Taking a look into this, I am not 100% sure how the API key is being used in this form and why this error is being returned. 

When checking the form myself, I can see the following request URL is used:

Request URL: http://rustons.flywheelsites.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

This looks to be using an internal php script to manage form submissions for you. As such, I am not able to delve into this as the issue appears to lie with the code being used in the form submission process. 

I'd recommend speaking with WP Support or the Support team for the plugin that manages form submissions on this site. 

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
hmdg

API Communication Issue

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for getting back to me, I have spoken with them a few times and they have confirmed it's all okay at their end, it's able to see the list in hubspot and pull it in, it's displaying correctly, but only when you try to actually sign up to the list does it throw that error out.

Is there anything in the configuration at hubspots end that could be causing it?

Just had both our hosting and theme developer look at it and they've both confirmed it's working as expected and told me to speak with hubspot as the issue is coming from the API rather than the implementation so would appreciate if some guidance could be given about what I need to do at this end!

I've already tried changing the API key and repairing but the same issue happened which again leads me to believe something is going on with the actual setup of the mailing list rather than the communication with the site?

Hope you can help

Cheers

David

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

API Communication Issue

Hey @hmdg 

In order to investigate this, we'd need to see how the request is being made which is returning this error. 

As mentioned previously, the request is using a script which is associated and hosted in your WP instance - Something I have no access to and therefore cannot dig into to see how and why this key error is being returned. 

If more light can be shone on how this request is run from the WP side of things, we may be able to determine which key is used and why this is erroring out. 

Thanks

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes