APIs & Integrations

joelalen

A way to create multiple engagements without consuming a lot of API calls

Hi, 

I am trying to integarate an app that I am working on with HubSpot. The app helps sales reps to do automated calls to leads/contacts. As a result of using the app the clients need engagements to be written back to HubSpot for contacts that had a conversation in our app. 

Right now we have a simple integration that uses the engagement api to push each conversation in our app to HubSpot. This is okay for a small number of engagements. But our app creates a lot of conversations and hence a alot of engagements are created for the same. 

The current way of calling one API call per engagement seems wastefull and will hit the API limits off the client going forward. I have tried to find any sort of bulk/batch APIs for the same but have been unable to in the documentation. 

Is there a way to do bulk/batch creation of engagements using the HubSpot api? This is simillar to the batch create/update of contacts mentioned here https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/batch_create_or_update

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

A way to create multiple engagements without consuming a lot of API calls

Hello @joelalen 

I cannot speak to a timeline on this, but I believe this will be integrated into the V3 API.   For now, all I can really say is stay tuned

0 Upvotes