APIs & Integrations

pbacelar
Participante

A custom object can be associated to 2 distinct "contact".

resolver
I created a custom object "registration" and each instance of this custom object must be associated to 2 distinct contacts, one for the "learner", and one for his manager during the formation. 

On webpage : 
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/crm-custom-objects (Custom Objects tab, "Create an association" section), I can specify the "name" parameter. So, I thought I could create multiple association types between 2 Object Types (my "Registration" type and "Contact" type).
But, when I tried to create my second association type, I received this error message:
"No more than 1 association types are allowed between ..."

So, how I can create this types of "multiple associations" between 2 Object Type ?

Thanks a lot,

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English.
2 Soluciones aceptadas
lynton
Solución
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

It's hard to know why you're getting this error without more context, like what are the exact association API calls being made. 

As long as your custom object definition has a MANY TO MANY relationship between contacts and registrations, you should definitely be able to associate 2 contacts to the same registration. Feel free to post examples of your custom object definition and the association API calls if you need further help.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

Ivanjlares
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hey @pbacelar do you mean creating a property that is associated between both objects? @lynton this video may be what he refers to?
HubSpot looked at this video about this type of 'associated object' property. But found no workaround and suggested I post it here. 

Is this what you mean @pbacelar?

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
lynton
Solución

resolver

It's hard to know why you're getting this error without more context, like what are the exact association API calls being made. 

As long as your custom object definition has a MANY TO MANY relationship between contacts and registrations, you should definitely be able to associate 2 contacts to the same registration. Feel free to post examples of your custom object definition and the association API calls if you need further help.

Ivanjlares
Solución
Participante

resolver

Hey @pbacelar do you mean creating a property that is associated between both objects? @lynton this video may be what he refers to?
HubSpot looked at this video about this type of 'associated object' property. But found no workaround and suggested I post it here. 

Is this what you mean @pbacelar?

dennisedson
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

resolver

Hi @pbacelar ,

Going to throw @lynton in here to help out.  He is a pro all things Custom Objects.

0 Me gusta