APIs & Integrations

Luttik

400 bad request every 6 hours

I build a webhook/api integration with the Hubspot API.

I noticed that consitently (for 2 days) every 6 hours one request will fail with "400 bad request" (in html rather than json).

The thousands of other requests that I make are coming through and manually running the request later (using the same code) also works. 

Other info:

The (relative) api call that I make is contacts/v1/contact/vid/.*/profile?propertyMode=value_only.

The timeframes of the last 4 issues are:

today (30-01-2019) at 12:42, 06:40, and 00:40

and yesterday (29-01-2019) at 18:32

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
semonbright

Returning 400 means that the request was malformed. In other words, the data stream sent by the client to the server didn't follow the rules. The client SHOULD NOT repeat the request without modifications. It means that the request itself has somehow incorrect or corrupted and the server couldn't understand it. The server is refusing to service the request because the entity of the request is in a format not supported by the requested resource for the requested method . Therefore, it prevents the website from being properly displayed. To fix a 400 Bad Request error, it is best to start diagnosing the issue from the client side itself. Complete the steps outlined in this section to help diagnose and correct the error.

• Check for errors in the URL.
  • Clear Browser Cache and cookies.
  • Clear DNS Cache.
  • Check your File upload Size.
  • Deactivate Browser Extensions.

cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Luttik , we've been seeing some errors regarding a backlog of our Webhooks service that you can check out here: https://status.hubspot.com/incidents/z2k963qs235t. Your issue seems to be related to this, though it's possible it could be a coincidence. Can you confirm whether you're still seeing these issues or not? 

0 Upvotes
Luttik

0 Upvotes
Luttik

I am still seing these errors.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Strange, well now that I look at this, it could be due to a mishandling of expiring access tokens with OAuth since those tokens expire every 6 hours, but I'd expect that to be a 401 error. Can you reply with your AppID?

0 Upvotes