APIs & Integrations

krpurk

3rd Party Email Events into Hubspot

My company sends certain email through the Sendgrid platform. We’d like to have access to Sendgrid events in Hubspot. I’m already receiving the the post JSON from Sendgrid, but I’m at a loss as to the best way to get this information into Hubspot. My goal would be to deliver the events per contact identifying both the email associated and the action.

I see ways to query information via the Email Events API, but not a method to create these events. Is this the case?

My second thought was to use HTTP Events. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it appears that will only allow me to trigger the event itself and not add variables like campaign or action.

Any thoughts on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @krpurk

The Email Events API is read-only, so it will only include data from HubSpot emails. There would still be a few ways to include the emails in a contact’s timeline.

It would be possible to do this using HTTP Events. Events don’t store any details aside form the name of the event, the time it occurred, and the contact it happened to (identified by email address), but you can dynamically create events by sending a string for the ID instead of the numeric ID, so it would be possible to include the campaign and action in the title of the event.

It would also be possible to do this using engagements, using the EMAIL type:

Create an Engagement | Engagements API

POST /engagements/v1/engagements - Create an engagement via the HubSpot API.

Engagements would not have a specific place to store the campaign or action, but they could be stored in the subject.

0 Upvotes
krpurk

Excellent, thank you @dadams. I’ll experiment with these options.

catarinacorreia
Contributor

any feedback regarding this integration?