APIs & Integrations

markus-outfunne

1000 webhook subscription limit per application.

SOLVE

Hey!

We’re looking to create an integration with Hubspot CRM but are somewhat confused with the 1000 webhook subscription limit per application.

The way we understand it at the moment is that in a scenario where each of our users would have 100 webhook subscriptions, the limit would be reached with 10 users. Is that correct or is the 1000 webhook subscription limit based on unique users per application? So every user who have connected the application could have maximum of 1000 subscriptions?

Thanks,
Markus

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @markus-outfunne 

The 1000 subscription limit is specific to the App itself. You can have the App integrated with multiple portals but the limit will always be 1000 for the App. 

In this case, if I setup 1000 subscriptions for events I wish to listen for, if I then install this in 2, 3, 4 etc portals, those portals will be using the subscriptions setup in the App itself. Therefore, the number of portals or users installing the App is not brought into consideration. 

This is further outlined that the limit is only applicable to the App by our documentation. Specifically, 

"You can create a maximum of 1000 subscriptions per application. If you attempt to create more you will receive a 400 bad request in return with the following body:"

{
  "status": "error",
  "message": "Couldn't create another subscription. You've reached the maximum number allowed per application (1000).",
  "correlationId": "2c9beb86-387b-4ff6-96f7-dbb486c00a95",
  "requestId": "919c4c84f66769e53b2c5713d192fca7"
}

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @markus-outfunne 

The 1000 subscription limit is specific to the App itself. You can have the App integrated with multiple portals but the limit will always be 1000 for the App. 

In this case, if I setup 1000 subscriptions for events I wish to listen for, if I then install this in 2, 3, 4 etc portals, those portals will be using the subscriptions setup in the App itself. Therefore, the number of portals or users installing the App is not brought into consideration. 

This is further outlined that the limit is only applicable to the App by our documentation. Specifically, 

"You can create a maximum of 1000 subscriptions per application. If you attempt to create more you will receive a 400 bad request in return with the following body:"

{
  "status": "error",
  "message": "Couldn't create another subscription. You've reached the maximum number allowed per application (1000).",
  "correlationId": "2c9beb86-387b-4ff6-96f7-dbb486c00a95",
  "requestId": "919c4c84f66769e53b2c5713d192fca7"
}

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
markus-outfunne

SOLVE

Thank you Matthew!