⚙ Operations Hub

aaberni
Participant

resttrict access to programmable automation

SOLVE

Hello, 

I would like to restrict access to the custom code blocks in workflows. 

In our organization the marketing and sales people build workflows but when it comes to custom code objects they ask someone from the development team to write the code. 

I think it would be best if the access to the actual code was restricted only to certain users in order to avoid someone with no expertise to try and modify the code, potentially damaging data. 

1 Accepted solution
JenWeiss
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @aaberni , 

Thank you for reaching out! 

At this time there is no way to restrict access to certain aspects of the workflow tool. It is completely understandable to want to prevent users from modifying a code. If this does ever occur, which I hope it doesn't the workflow tool does have a 'historical change' feature that would allow you to see what happened. 

With that being said,  If you would like for this functionality to exist I would recommend posting this on our HubSpot Ideas Forum. This is where our Product team goes to receive feedback from our customers and also allows for other users to up-vote and comment on your idea.

Best,

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
aaberni
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @JenWeiss , 

I understand, thank you very much.

I will certainly reach out on the hubspot ideas forum.

Adriano

0 Upvotes
JenWeiss
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @aaberni , 

Thank you for reaching out! 

At this time there is no way to restrict access to certain aspects of the workflow tool. It is completely understandable to want to prevent users from modifying a code. If this does ever occur, which I hope it doesn't the workflow tool does have a 'historical change' feature that would allow you to see what happened. 

With that being said,  If you would like for this functionality to exist I would recommend posting this on our HubSpot Ideas Forum. This is where our Product team goes to receive feedback from our customers and also allows for other users to up-vote and comment on your idea.

Best,

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.