Jan 2, 2023 9:46 AM - edited Jan 2, 2023 9:47 AM
I've Sales Hub Professional. And I need 2 things:
Jan 3, 2023 5:27 PM
Thanks for the mention, @TiphaineCuisset! And great questions, @chudst! I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.
1. There's a default HubSpot property called "Number of Associated Contacts." It may work better to create a custom calculation property that adds the original "Source ID" (in a number property) with the "Number of Associated Contacts" property to arrive at your final ID. That seems more reliable than trying to trigger a workflow every time a new contact is associated with a company.
2. If you associate the company with the deal when it's created, I believe that the name of the company should be brought into the deal name by default. Otherwise, you can use the "Company Name" company or contact personalization token when creating a deal through a workflow. Note that these both pertain to the initial creation of a deal. Once the deal has been created, I'm not sure of a way to append the deal name vs overwrite it completely (there might be an Operations Hub workaround though!)
3. A workflow will run every time the target object meet the enrollment critera (or re-enrollment criteria) that you set. Re-enrollment can get tricky if you need a record to be updated continuously, so keep that in mind when defining your triggers. For example, setting the trigger as "Property" is "Known" will enroll the record only once. But if you have a step at the end of the workflow to clear that value, the record will be re-enrolled once it meets the enrollment criteria again.
Hopefully this helps! Tagging in @chrisworqflow in case he has any thoughts as well!
|Create Your Own Free Signature|
Jan 6, 2023 5:33 AM
Hi @jolle and @chrisworqflow , thanks a lot both of you for your answers! But about 1 and 2 point, I'm not sure we understood each other.
1. I'd like to icrease ID not by associated contacts to the company, but in general, every time when I create new contact (with the property Role set to "candidate"). Each contact might be connected to different company. So basicaly each contact (with the property Role set to "candidate") has a uniqe ID. So something like "check the last created ID and icrease it by +1". I do have here letter "S", but its possible to remove it and to have only a number. (I'm creating conacts via Contacts/Contacts/Create contact form.)
2. The deal is created from the Sales/Deals/Create deal form. Here I'm associating the company + creating the Deal name. And the result should be to add before the created Deal name the name of the company.
3. Thanks for this!
Jan 17, 2023 11:05 AM
@jolle , @chrisworqflow , @TiphaineCuisset , may I try to ask you again? 😊
Jan 4, 2023 11:42 AM
Thanks for the tag @jolle.
For point 1 - I totally agree with that, it would make the workflow much easier to maintain.
Point 2 - This depends on how the deal is being created, if these are being created via a company-based workflow then the workflow would need to be adjusted to add the company name token to the create record step.
Point 3 - Totally agree with that also! Workflows aren't really designed to account for constant enrollment of objects but there are some workarounds.
If @jolle and I's posts helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark these as accepted solutions. Happy HubSpotting!
Jan 3, 2023 8:09 AM
Thank you for reaching out.
I want to tag some of our experts here - @LMeert @jolle @franksteiner79 do you have any advice for @chudst on this?
| Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?|
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !
Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !