⚙ Operations Hub

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

What other actions do you want to see in the data formatter?

I was watching a video on some customer feedback recently where we asked some questions about the data formatter in Workflows. Here's a screenshot so you know exactly what I'm talking about:Data formatterData formatter

You probably know this already, but it's worth saying again - the data formatter is a huge time-saver because it allows you to automatically format and clean your customer data right in HubSpot. When your data is dirty, it wreaks havoc everywhere - low quality data harms marketing personalization and automation, hinders sales teams who need relaible context for conversations with prospects, and impacts the customer experience throughout their lifecycle, among other things. TLDR: dirty data = bad for biz!

This research got me thinking: how do you actually quantify what dirty data has done to your business? How much is bad data actually costing you?

I'd love to know: what data issues have you ran into in the past that have cost you significant time or money? How did you find where and what problems exist in your data? And of course - are there any use cases we should add as options in the data formatter to make sure this never happens to you again? Let me know in the comments...

8 Replies 8
RGuerra
Participant

Hi! I'd love to see the basics that Zapier has.

RGuerra_0-1633811308785.png

Within text, for example :

Split Text

Replace

Trim

Truncate

Uppercase

Capitalize (Per word, for example when people put 2 names in one field, they'd both be capitalized)

Trim example: 

RGuerra_1-1633811705870.png

Specifically, today the most helpful one would be Capitalize on a per-word-basis.

Thanks!!

TPiotrowski3
Participant

We often run into ecommerce sites that are using the same domain but different top level domains/domain extensions (.com, .co, .org etc) it would be great to format and merge these using this section of operations hub

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hey @maggiebutler, this is an excellent asset!  Where did these come from?  Personally, I feel a library like this should be built into a "template" section of the custom code action?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@Bryantworks wrote:

Hey @maggiebutler, this is an excellent asset!  Where did these come from?  Personally, I feel a library like this should be built into a "template" section of the custom code action?

Yes @Bryantworks the plan is to work with Product on this front! In the meantime, we'll be adding to this library and if you have any ideas on code you'd like to see, please let us know here

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

Hey @maggiebutler, it's very common for tools to export CSVs that join a "Full name" instead of two separate First and Last names.  While it's easy to solve this in excel, some users, including several of my clients aren't quite able to sort this out.  So a data formater that splits text would be useful here.

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@Bryantworks wrote:

Hey @maggiebutler, it's very common for tools to export CSVs that join a "Full name" instead of two separate First and Last names.  While it's easy to solve this in excel, some users, including several of my clients aren't quite able to sort this out.  So a data formater that splits text would be useful here.

@Bryantworks understood - I wonder if this code would help you solve it: https://www.hubspot.com/programmable-automation-use-cases?offer=full-name-first-last

Can you check it out and let me know if that doesn't work, and why? Maybe we can build something that works for you if that doesn't.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

Would love to see a text splitter!  

0 Upvotes
maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@Bryantworks wrote:

Would love to see a text splitter!  

Awesome, thank you for this idea @Bryantworks! Can you tell me a bit more about the use case / why you'd want one? What would it solve for you?

0 Upvotes