⚙ Operations Hub

GMoss-Hawkins

Webhook in workflow to cut down on API calls?

Hi there, I am wondering if someone can help me understand a specific use case for webhooks in workflows and if it will reduce our reliance on API calls. 

We are working on a thought leadership/lead gen survey where people fill it out, get scored, and then get a PDF sent back to them with their custom results. The scoring and email with the PDF are both done in HubSpot workflows, but the PDF generation is done with a micro-app (working with a dev partner on this).

We are ultimately trying to minimize the time between a user taking the survey and getting their results and don't want to be held up or blocked by API call limitations.

If we used a webhook to connect out to this micro-app in our workflow, would this use API calls? The micro-app needs 4 Contact property values in order to fill in the PDF appropriately and then needs to send data back to fill in 2 other Contact properties. Or would using a webhook remove our dependency on API calls entirely? 

Thank you in advance! 

1 Reply 1
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Webhook in workflow to cut down on API calls?

Hi @GMoss-Hawkins!

Sorry for the delay. I asked one of our internal experts:

The webhook POST action will not trigger toward against the API limit. This is only applicable if you send the info via WF. Here you should be able to find more info.

0 Upvotes