⚙ Operations Hub

GTeodoro
Participant

Using custom object and its properties as a trigger in NPS and workflows

SOLVE

Today, we have a custom object that is populated with field imports via Rudderstack, which fills in its properties.

Each time one of these objects is created, it is associated with two companies with different labels: a supplier and a retailer.

We need to use the NPS module in HubSpot to send a survey to one of the two associated companies each time one of these objects is created. (We need to be able to choose which one.)

We also need to be able to trigger communications to one of the associated companies when one of these objects is created. (In both cases, the contact associated with the company will receive the communication.)

Structure:

Custom object (CO) <==> Company <==> Contact

Trigger: 1 CO created Association made

Do: Action

We've tried using native resources, but there doesn't seem to be a solution. Maybe there's a workaround we can use?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
elizheleva
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GTeodoro ,

Would it work if you were to create an active list for the Companies linked to the Custom Object with the relevant association. Then from that, create a contact list for companies that are a part of the Companies list. Then have a workflow that will use the last list (with the contacts) for the enrolment trigger. Every time someone gets added to the list (which will be when a company meets the association criteria with the CO), the contact will be sent an NPS.

Does this make sense? I know what I want to say, I'm not sure if I've explained it simplisticly enough. 🙂

Any questions, let me know.

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
GTeodoro
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Elizheleva, 
Makes sense to me, i've created the companie based list for companies x co. When i try to create a contact based list to enroll the companies on the first one, it did not show the companies based list. I think i'm missing some point here. Can you please help-me?

First List

GTeodoro_1-1680272436307.png

Second one did not show the first

GTeodoro_0-1680272404833.png

0 Upvotes
elizheleva
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @GTeodoro ,

Would it work if you were to create an active list for the Companies linked to the Custom Object with the relevant association. Then from that, create a contact list for companies that are a part of the Companies list. Then have a workflow that will use the last list (with the contacts) for the enrolment trigger. Every time someone gets added to the list (which will be when a company meets the association criteria with the CO), the contact will be sent an NPS.

Does this make sense? I know what I want to say, I'm not sure if I've explained it simplisticly enough. 🙂

Any questions, let me know.

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.