⚙ Operations Hub

Snapdragon23
Participant

Using Email Opens as a Factor for a Score Property

SOLVE

Hi Everyone, 

I'm attempting to calculate a portion of a score property based on email opens from contacts as well as whether or not they attended a meeting. Any ideas on way to pull "email opens" and "meetings attended" into a score and/or start to autopopulate a field based on these?  In some cases these emails are sent automatically with marketing email templates. (In this case I think I could populate a field via a workflow potentially?) but in other cases, the emails are sent manually just through Hubspot and that is where I'm getting stuck.

I haven't started digging into meetings very much yet. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
ClaraDelabrosse
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Snapdragon23 ,

You could use the contact property "last marketing email open date is" in order to collect the emails opens.

Regarding the meetings, you should use the outcome. You should just make sure that everyone in your team populates the outcome after a meeting and you will be able to define a score based on it.

Capture d’écran 2022-12-26 à 11.00.17.png

Thank you,

Signature HubSpot Community - Clara (1).png

View solution in original post

ClaraDelabrosse
Solution

SOLVE

@Snapdragon23 ,

You could do it by using  2 properties in your filter : 

Capture d’écran 2023-01-03 à 17.51.24.png

Regarding the non marketing emails, it will be by using the "sales emails" properties.

Thank you,

Clara

ClaraDelabrosse_0-1672764735274.png

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ClaraDelabrosse
Solution

SOLVE

@Snapdragon23 ,

You could do it by using  2 properties in your filter : 

Capture d’écran 2023-01-03 à 17.51.24.png

Regarding the non marketing emails, it will be by using the "sales emails" properties.

Thank you,

Clara

ClaraDelabrosse_0-1672764735274.png

0 Upvotes
Snapdragon23
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! Just one more thing, I am pulling in score properties from custom records. Things like "Add 10 points if the customer held a quarterly review". This is a date field captured on a custom record. The issue I'm having here is that we  have "yearly record" where we capture details specific to that year rather than the lifecycle. Is there a way to only add points if that quarterly review was held in the last calendar year from the record that we are using this year rather than "Any record" ? Basically, I want to selectively pull in score properties from a specific year of a record rather than any associated.  Wondering if I should use a similar double filter like "And that date is between 01/01/2023-01/01/2024" to ensure its not pulling in old info. 

0 Upvotes
ClaraDelabrosse

SOLVE

Hello @Snapdragon23 ,

Yes you should filter on the dates so that they are "last year" or "01/01/... - 01/01/..."

Also if you don't want all associated records to be selected, you could create labels on your associations and use them in your filters.

Capture d’écran 2023-01-04 à 08.37.52.png

Thank you,

Clara

ClaraDelabrosse_0-1672817883839.png

0 Upvotes
ClaraDelabrosse
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @Snapdragon23 ,

You could use the contact property "last marketing email open date is" in order to collect the emails opens.

Regarding the meetings, you should use the outcome. You should just make sure that everyone in your team populates the outcome after a meeting and you will be able to define a score based on it.

Capture d’écran 2022-12-26 à 11.00.17.png

Thank you,

Signature HubSpot Community - Clara (1).png

Snapdragon23
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Clara, 

In my instance this property is just a date stamp then so it is not showing a count of email opens over time essentially measuring "Are they opening the emails I am sending?". Is there  away I could leverage a count somewhere? 

Also, is there a way to leverage this time of count for a non-marketing email (One manually sent through a record ) 

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Upvotes