⚙ Operations Hub

TZiesing
Contributor

Troubleshoot custom code

Hi there, we did some custom code modules to use in emails for our users but within this programmable email beta changes it now turns out that the custom modules are displayin pieces of code (javascript, python) in the preview of the editor. 

We have been told that this is why the code contains error. As be set up the code to the best of our knowledte the question now is: is there a way of troubleshoot the code somewhere? 

Any hints on this would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
TZiesing
Contributor

Troubleshoot custom code

Thank you. I will. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Troubleshoot custom code

Hi @TZiesing,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to refer you to this related thread where @Teun explains this behavior:

"In the editor of the e-mail, it will always show you the raw code until you select a preview contact or send the email to a contact. So this is expected behavior, try setting a preview contact in your email, you should see the plain text."

I would recommend trying out the suggested steps to see if the custom code stops appearing when you select a contact to preview the email. 

If this issue continues after trying that out, I would encourage you to continue working with your HubSpot representative on this.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes