⚙ Operations Hub

Wakira
Participant

Trigger Workflow scheduled a few times a day

Hi Dear,

I have a delivery schedule pipeline, the ticket is linked to a carrier tracking code... I created a flow that queries the carrier's api and updates the delivery status (on the way, in transfer, etc.), but the Carrier updates can be more than 2x a day and my flow for now has a trigger every day at 7 am, but I needed it to be at least in the morning and in the afternoon for example.

Is there any way to create this automation in the workflow that can be activated on a scheduled basis (by schedules) more than once a day?

thanks

2 Replies 2
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Wakira

Thank you for reaching out to us today! 

Yes, this would be possible! From a workflow's Settings tab, you can manage when actions should execute, set an enrollment triggers, add associated campaigns, and allow Salesforce enrollment.

By default, workflow actions will execute as soon as an enrolled record reaches the action. To specify when actions can take place:

• Select Specific times.
  • Select a day from the dropdown menu. Then use the dropdown menus to specify the time range for actions to execute. Times are based on the timezone selected in your account settings
  • To add more action execution times, click Add hours.

JenWeiss_0-1655305335772.png

You would be able to add two specific different times, for example from 7:00a-9:00a, and then 'add hours' for the afternoon.

On the other hand, if you have the workflow set up as a scheduled workflow there would not be away to have ti scheduled to execute in the afternoon within the same workflow. The workaround for this would be to clone the same workflow and have it scheduled for the afternoon. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
Wakira
Participant

Hi @JenWeiss , thanks for your reply.

I tried this, I put 3 different times, but my flow doesn't resubscribe (even though it's configured for that in the subscriptions part). I believe that the problem is that there is no modification of properties between one execution time and another, since my flow that would do this data update, is there any way to trigger the flow in this way?

thanks