⚙ Operations Hub

GDenayer
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

Synchronising HubSpot Deals and Dynamics Leads

Hello,

I'm looking set up a sync between our HubSpot and Dynamics365.

For this I'm looking at the operation hub capabilities. 

here is the high-level idea:

In HubSpot we capture and nurture contacts

Depending on activities we create a Deal within Hubspot. 

The 'Deals' are qualified in HS by the marketing team, once they get should then by synced with Dynamics for sales qualification and further follow-up.

It seems I can ony sync with 'opportunities' in dynamics.

is there a way to syn with Dynamics 'Leads'.

the erason for this setup in HubSpot is that 1 contact can have several interests, thus several 'deals' in HubSpot. 

As the contact qualification is too high-level (one contact han have several interests, and several projects with us), I can not sync HubSpot contacts with Dynamics 'Leads'.  

Any idea's or best practises to share on this ?

thx 

Gerrit

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Carsten
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hi @GDenayer,

I'm really sorry for replying so late and I really hope you have already found a solution.

What I can say about the issue so far is that your desired process does not work. HubSpot does not distinguish between leads and contacts and therefore you cannot create multiple contacts with the same email address. A workaround could be to create dummy email addresses (user.v1@domain.com, user.v2@domain.com) to split contacts with different interests.

Otherwise, you will probably have to rethink your process.

Good luck, Carsten

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GDenayer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of other Community members to see if they could share their experiences: 

Hi @Jaqueline@TPhillips9@Carsten@EAGMark, I belive you're also using the data sync with Dynamics365, do you have any advice for @GDenayer? Thanks!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings