⚙ Operations Hub

Lesleychang
Contributor

Sync progress?

Loving this new product but had a question. How can I tell when a sync is done, or is being run? There's no current way to tell. 

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
ACox
Participant

Sync progress?

Is there any update on the Health Dashboard?

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Sync progress?

Hi @ACox, still in development! 😀

Lesleychang
Contributor

Sync progress?

Is there a timeline on this? My bosses are asking!

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Sync progress?

@FransLeys, is there a estimated timeline or maybe a beta for Health?

0 Upvotes
FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Sync progress?

We want something live well before EOY!

ACox
Participant

Sync progress?

Hi @FransLeys - Any more news yet?  We have just moved over to using the Sync live and could do with being able to minitor things.

0 Upvotes
FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Sync progress?

Very very much working on it and actually running tests in a couple of weeks on production data. If you're up for it, I can involve you early on in our tests? If you'd like that: DM me with your hub details and/or sync settings URL.  

cc @Lesleychang that goes for you too 🙂

ACox
Participant

Sync progress?

Many thanks, I have just messaged you.

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Sync progress?

@Lesleychang wrote:

Loving this new product but had a question. How can I tell when a sync is done, or is being run? There's no current way to tell. 

In that case, I think it's best to file a support ticket. If you give them one or two records who you expected to see created or updated in HubSpot (or Constant Contact), they can check the logs to see what might have prevented those changes from syncing.

Error tracking is part of the feature that the data sync team is currently still working on. You'll be able to see exactly which contacts are kept in sync, which ones are excluded, and which ones failed to sync, and most importantly why. 

Lesleychang
Contributor

Sync progress?

I'd set up a sync yesterday for Hubspot and Constant Contact and it doesn't seem to work. I've followed the instructions and it says the sync is 'on' but there's no way to see if it's actually syncing. Also, how does this track errors?

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Sync progress?

@Lesleychang wrote:

Hi Lesley!

Once you activate a Data Sync integration it will always be "on".  By which I mean it won't stop after its first sync. Behind the screens it will make sure that all your contacts are kept up to date. So whenever a new change occurs, data sync will pick that it up and sync it to your connected app in near real-time.

However, you're right that there is currently no way to see whether the sync is currently still working, or whether it has finished and is waiting for new changes to sync. That's an improvement the team will be making in the near future.  

0 Upvotes