⚙ Operations Hub

GTan

Security and Privacy concern

SOLVE

Hi, is there any way that we can use the outlook addon without putting in your email and password ? 

How safe and privacy does Hubspot is if there is data breach ? 

How does our data being used by third parties vendors ?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

So the outlook add-on is having you log into outlook.  HubSpot is not using or storing your login.  You are just connecting the two apps just like you do when you log into outlook on your phone and allow your phone to send and receive emails. You have control over this sending and receiving from HubSpot.  

HubSpot is used by over 100,000 companies worldwide. Their security is SOC 2 certified.  That is the same level that healthcare is required to have.
You can read more about security here: https://www.hubspot.com/security

HubSpot does not sell your data.  Only you have access to your metadata.  HubSpot only showcases the larger numbers that it can see; i.e. email sends, number of users, etc. None of your personal data is sold to third parties.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GTan,

It's not possible to use the HubSpot Sales extensions without logging in – HubSpot needs some way to associate a user with a HubSpot portal.

That being said, you can learn about HubSpot's security measures here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @GTan,

It's not possible to use the HubSpot Sales extensions without logging in – HubSpot needs some way to associate a user with a HubSpot portal.

That being said, you can learn about HubSpot's security measures here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

So the outlook add-on is having you log into outlook.  HubSpot is not using or storing your login.  You are just connecting the two apps just like you do when you log into outlook on your phone and allow your phone to send and receive emails. You have control over this sending and receiving from HubSpot.  

HubSpot is used by over 100,000 companies worldwide. Their security is SOC 2 certified.  That is the same level that healthcare is required to have.
You can read more about security here: https://www.hubspot.com/security

HubSpot does not sell your data.  Only you have access to your metadata.  HubSpot only showcases the larger numbers that it can see; i.e. email sends, number of users, etc. None of your personal data is sold to third parties.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

TRawlinson

SOLVE

Hi, I have been to the page suggested here: https://www.hubspot.com/security
and I am trying to download the Penetration Test Report.  I put in my name, email and agree to the terms, but the report isn't coming through.

The HubSpot web chat sent me here. 

Please can you advise on how I an download the report?

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
TRawlinson

SOLVE

I have solved this issue.  A pop-up blocker was preventing the download pop-up from being visible in Safari.  Swapped to Chrome, disabled the pop-up blocker and downloaded the report.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @TRawlinson !

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

@GTan wrote:

Hi, is there any way that we can use the outlook addon without putting in your email and password ? 

How safe and privacy does Hubspot is if there is data breach ? 

How does our data being used by third parties vendors ?

Hi @GTan!

Are you referring to the Outlook 365 Data Sync integration, as listed in the App Marketplace? If so, then you can rest assured that HubSpot does not have access to your Outlook password or other private credentials. HubSpot just securely get the permissions to your access and update your Outlook contacts.

To connect your account to HubSpot we're using Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) which is Microsoft’s cloud-based identity and access management service. 

Since you talk about an "add-on", I fear you may be talking about some other Outlook extension. If so, you will probably need to ask this in another part of the community.

Hope this clarifies!