⚙ Operations Hub

christine_Igles
Teilnehmer/-in

Removing multiple types of punctuation from a field

lösung

What is the best way to remove unnecessary punctuation from a field? For example, a job title might include the following characters; a comma, fwd slash, and an ampersand. 
We want to remove all 3 characters from the title to keep the data clean and syncing. 
Should I create a WF for each of the characters that I want to cut or is there a way to build one workflow to cut them all at once? 
Thanks!! 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @christine_Igles,

It sounds like you're using the Format data action in workflows for this, correct? (Operations Hub Professional is great.)

If you always want to check for and replace the same characters, I would simply chain Format data actions, using the Replace characters option:

karstenkoehler_0-1672842470512.png

By chaining I mean that you have a first action that replaces commas, followed by another action that replaces forward slashes, followed by another action...

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @christine_Igles,

It sounds like you're using the Format data action in workflows for this, correct? (Operations Hub Professional is great.)

If you always want to check for and replace the same characters, I would simply chain Format data actions, using the Replace characters option:

karstenkoehler_0-1672842470512.png

By chaining I mean that you have a first action that replaces commas, followed by another action that replaces forward slashes, followed by another action...

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AnaWilliam
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks Karstenkoehler!

0 Upvotes
christine_Igles
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I will try this solution out. 

Thanks, Karsten.