⚙ Operations Hub

wicara
Participant

Remove spaces or add spaces

Hello, 

I just created a re ops workflow to fix the phone number data.  This helps to format all the data in a way in which the HubSpot call function can work.  one thing I would like to fix is the spaces in phone numbers so I can get them consistent.  eg +61X XXXX XXXX. Currently, there is no way to remove spaces in a string nor is there a way to add spaces in intervals. 
I imagine that this would be fairly common and a standard thing to use for phone numbers. 

1 Reply 1
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Remove spaces or add spaces

Hi @wicara !

If you have Operations Hub Pro, then you can create add a custom code action to your workflow. We are in the process of building a Programmable Automation Use Case Library (link). It's still in beta, but there are already around 12 certified use cases available, one of which can standardize U.S. phone numbers. Here's the link. 

I can't code very well myself, but I hope this code snipper might be a good basis for what you're looking for. If you can code a little bit, you should be able to adjust the action to the outcome you require. Hope this helps!