⚙ Operations Hub

PAtlan
Contributor

Re Enrollment criteria for associations

SOLVE

The accepted answer to triggering workflows on associations seems to be (from many community posts and discussions with my HS technical implementation consultant) to have a property to COUNT the number of associations. 

You then trigger the workflow when that property is KNOWN. 

Sounds straightforward, but I'm having difficulty setting it up. It seems my workflows will not accept "Number of associated companies" as a reenrollement criteria (see screenshot, in French)

CleanShot Google Chrome-Synchroniser un Contact Client  HubSpot2022-11-24 at 21.40.46@2x.png

 The calculation to get "Nombre d'entreprises associés" is just to count the number of associated companies with a record id. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

The reason why this doesn't work is likely that Number of associated companies is not a default property but a custom calculation. Theoretically it should work, as it does the same thing as the default properties, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Another way to approach this is with an additional company-based workflow that is triggered by company Create date is known. This workflow would set a single checkbox properties on its associated contacts to 'Yes'. This value can then be used for re-enrollment. The contact-based workflow would then, at the end, clear this value again.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
PAtlan
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

thanks for the insight. That's really too bad, and it's strange because I could swear I used something like this a few months ago ... but of course I can't find it to check.

Anyway, I'll play around with your hint and see were that gets me.

Thanks again.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

The reason why this doesn't work is likely that Number of associated companies is not a default property but a custom calculation. Theoretically it should work, as it does the same thing as the default properties, but unfortunately it doesn't.

Another way to approach this is with an additional company-based workflow that is triggered by company Create date is known. This workflow would set a single checkbox properties on its associated contacts to 'Yes'. This value can then be used for re-enrollment. The contact-based workflow would then, at the end, clear this value again.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PAtlan
Contributor

SOLVE

Hmm. I'm lost. If I run a company based workflow whose trigger is company create date is known, then when will it be retriggered? 

I thought "Is known" would trigger upon changes, but the create date ... doesn't change.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

The company workflow would not have to re-enroll. If a new company is added it will be enrolled in this assisting workflow once, set the single checkbox property value which in turn can be used for re-enrollment. The company workflow would already have done it's job. If another company is added, it would enroll as a new company. The same company however does not have to enroll twice or multiple times in this assisting workflow to set the checkbox value (unless you expect frequent removal and addition of company associations?).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes