⚙ Operations Hub

DBye

Re: 5 Handy Tips when Importing Contacts & Companies

I just started with Hubspot (Free) and tried to use the "Outlook Contacts" Datasync app to sync some of my Outlook (Office 365) contacts from a specific category. When using Outlook on Mac, I see many contact folders in "People" tab, and I can easily search by category across all available contact folders. I found out, that if the contacts are stored in a folder other than the folder called "Contacts", then DataSync will not find the folders, will not be able to search/find/sync any of those contacts by category. Can anyone confirm this? Why does the DataSync App "Outlook Contacts" not find all my contact folders? When I moved some contacts into the "Contacts" folder, they sync'd just fine. Might be important to mention this, or perhaps fix this.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @DBye 

The only thing I can think is that this limits who syncs for data privacy purposes.

The below says it syncs the folder that would sync with your smartphone, do your other folders usually sync with your phone?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
0 Upvotes
DBye

It does say "the contact(s) folder", so I assume it can therefore only sync this one folder. I have used Outlook for decades and always had multiple folders in contacts (to group various contacts). My folder list includes the following folders: Contacts, DB:Indy, DB:Prospects, etc. All these folders are in a personal Office 365 account and sync correctly with Outlook on Mac, Contacts on Mac, and with the Contacts App on my iphone. It does not seem correct that HubSpot should not be aware of all these folders, but I guess it is not and therefore I will need to put all the contacts I wish to sync into the "Contacts" folder. Luckily I do use Outlook Categories also, so these will be preserved and can therefore be used for the selective sync. But what a pain. I think Hubspot should fix this. As a first time user, it tainted the setup experience a little.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @DBye , Happy Friday!

I would like to add our top experts to this matter @NicoleSengers @JenBergren@ChristinaKay, any recommendations to @DBye?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes