⚙ Operations Hub

aaron12
Participant

Ops Hub capabilities

SOLVE

Hello, I have some general questions around Ops Hub.   I believe this is a relatively new feature to Hubspot but we've been told it's pretty powerful.  

That being said I am curious some feedback on the level of customization:

-Can you use Ops Hub to custom limit user permissions beyond the standard options in Hubspot?

-For example...users can currently 'view all' properties and fields, even if it is not viewable in their 'layout'.  This could allow access to sensitive data.  Could you use Ops Hub to simply 'grey' out or hide the 'view all properties' link?  

Another need would be the following (this might be a simply workflow?..but I think it would require custom programming)....

-We would want to create the following automation.  

IF Company is created AND no associated Deal exists THEN create Deal associated with Company (using same Company name and Domain name).  

I guess I'm just curious what the limitations are.  We are coming from Salesforce.  In Salesforce, literally if you could dream it, you could program it.  In our experience at least.  It wasn't nearly as good of a user interface as Hubspot though.  

We really need the customizable abilities of Ops Hub.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Aaron

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Ops Hub capabilities

SOLVE

Hi @aaron12,

Great questions!

@aaron12 wrote:

Can you use Ops Hub to custom limit user permissions beyond the standard options in Hubspot?

Operations Hub is not adding to the general permissions features in HubSpot. Permissions are a feature across all Hubs and only differ by subscription level (free / Starter / Professional / Enterprise9.

@aaron12 wrote:

IF Company is created AND no associated Deal exists THEN create Deal associated with Company (using same Company name and Domain name). 

This doesn't require Operations Hub but can be done with a company-based workflow in Sales Hub Professional, see below:

karstenkoehler_0-1640673798944.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Ops Hub capabilities

SOLVE

Hi @aaron12,

Great questions!

@aaron12 wrote:

Can you use Ops Hub to custom limit user permissions beyond the standard options in Hubspot?

Operations Hub is not adding to the general permissions features in HubSpot. Permissions are a feature across all Hubs and only differ by subscription level (free / Starter / Professional / Enterprise9.

@aaron12 wrote:

This doesn't require Operations Hub but can be done with a company-based workflow in Sales Hub Professional, see below:

karstenkoehler_0-1640673798944.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.