⚙ Operations Hub

JPham7

Integration with Microsoft Dynamics - Product Syncing

SOLVE

Hii Team,

I'm trying to complete my integration one way sync from Dynamics to HubSpot.

I've mapped out the deals, company and contacts. All is working fine. However, I cannot find a way to sync the products from Dynamics under each opportunity to the HubSpot deals. Can someone provide insight?

Many thanks in advance 🙂

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @JPham7  - You're expecting the line items to sync over but right now that's not part of the data sync. It's only the main opportunity data & associations that sync over. 

Syncing line items is something we do want to offer, but it's likely a long way out (not in the next months). Out of curiosity, what are you planning on doing with those line items if they did make it over into HubSpot?

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Importing Line Items is actually something that's been made available in recent times (see this video) so it's definitely possible to have data sync to the heavy lifting and complete it with the import.

However, I'm unsure how painful the process is in obtaining the data out of Dynamics...  You will need to include the deal id's out of HubSpot too in your import. 

My question still remains: do you actually need the line items in HubSpot? If it is to accomodate a migration I can understand you don't want data to get lost. However if it's about understanding what a D365 opportunity was about... maybe the granularity of line items is overkill and you just need simple classification ("opportunity type" or something). 

Alternatively maybe there's a way to expose all line item info in Dynamics on a opportunity-field level (roll it up one level, concatenated) and then you can bring it over that way through a direct field mapping.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @JPham7  - You're expecting the line items to sync over but right now that's not part of the data sync. It's only the main opportunity data & associations that sync over. 

Syncing line items is something we do want to offer, but it's likely a long way out (not in the next months). Out of curiosity, what are you planning on doing with those line items if they did make it over into HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
JPham7

SOLVE

Hi Frans,

Thank you for your response. Oh no!

Do you have any suggestions on how the best way to do it? Presumably I would need get a massive export and import them with unique identifier to associate them...

0 Upvotes
FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Importing Line Items is actually something that's been made available in recent times (see this video) so it's definitely possible to have data sync to the heavy lifting and complete it with the import.

However, I'm unsure how painful the process is in obtaining the data out of Dynamics...  You will need to include the deal id's out of HubSpot too in your import. 

My question still remains: do you actually need the line items in HubSpot? If it is to accomodate a migration I can understand you don't want data to get lost. However if it's about understanding what a D365 opportunity was about... maybe the granularity of line items is overkill and you just need simple classification ("opportunity type" or something). 

Alternatively maybe there's a way to expose all line item info in Dynamics on a opportunity-field level (roll it up one level, concatenated) and then you can bring it over that way through a direct field mapping.

0 Upvotes
A_ERPBridge
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

This is an example of line items sync from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to HubSpot done with our ERP Bridge:

A_ERPBridge_0-1691397928334.png

That's it, pretty easy, provided that your Dyanamics is on-premises.

Best,
firma-hubspot-forum.png

0 Upvotes
JPham7

SOLVE

Hi Frans,

Yes, I'm afraid our reporting is based on line items and we would definitely need it. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll work my work on Dynamics to get some exports prepared....

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
A_ERPBridge

SOLVE

Hello JPham7, we can actually do this with ERP Bridge, only provided that your Dynamics in on premises. 

Just think ERP Bridge as forklift operator that moves data from HubSpot to Dynamics, and line itema is just of the many HubSpot objects.

This is an example of line items sync from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to HubSpot:

line-item.png

Is that something it makes sense for you?

Best,
firma-hubspot-forum.png

0 Upvotes