⚙ Operations Hub

sbacookie
Colaborador(a)

Hubspot date synch issues

resolver

Hello all

We are a SaaS company that has dedicated our supporting tech stack to Stripe and Intercom. However, I am having some real issues synching dates from Stripe and Intercom into Hubspot. 

For our sales, CRM, and support team it is important that we are able to synch date fields, but I cannot figure out how to successfully resolve this. 

Two examples are: 
1. Last seen date from Intercom. This can only be synched to HubSpot "close date". If I create a new custom field which is a date picker it will still not work. 
2. Created date from Stripe. This can only be synched to HubSpot "close date". If I create a new custom field which is a date picker it will still not work. 

Any suggestions for resolutions or workarounds? 

Thanks, 
Sebastian from Cookie Information

1 Solução aceita
jbogaert
Solução
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @sbacookie,

In that case, I think it's better if you contact HubSpot's support team. They'll be able to look at the two fields you want to connect and see exactly why the system isn't able to map them with one another. If there is a fix or a workaround available, they'll be able to tell.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
8 Respostas 8
jbogaert
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

resolver

@sbacookie wrote:

Two examples are: 
1. Last seen date from Intercom. This can only be synched to HubSpot "close date". If I create a new custom field which is a date picker it will still not work. 
2. Created date from Stripe. This can only be synched to HubSpot "close date". If I create a new custom field which is a date picker it will still not work. 

Any suggestions for resolutions or workarounds? 

Hi @sbacookie,

Thanks for reaching out!

This is sadly a known issue when it comes to syncing Intercom and Stripe date fields. The date fields in Intercom or Stripe are actually date-time fields as opposed to HubSpot's fields, which contain just the date. Our team hasn't cracked the nut yet on how to cleanly convert date-time fields to simple date fields. That's why you're bumping into this limitation. For the moment, you'll only be able to sync Intercom or Stripe date fields to either text or numbers fields.

Data Sync by HubSpot uses the same sync engine as PieSync, which is why you're reporting a similar issue there: we can't sync Intercom datefields to datepicker fields, but we can convert datepicker fields to date-time fields. 

Hope this helps!

0 Avaliação positiva
sbacookie
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi! 

Unfortunately, through the new OperationsHub, I still cannot transfer Stripe or Intercom dates to text or numerical fields. When testing the only field available is "closed date". So this workaround is not relevant. 

Is there any other way to get the dates moved? 

0 Avaliação positiva
jbogaert
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

resolver

@sbacookie wrote:

Is there any other way to get the dates moved? 

I am not in the ability to test this out, but you could maybe do the following:

1. Intercom Date Field > Data Sync > HubSpot custom (un)formatted number field
  2. HubSpot custom (un)formatted number field > Workflow > HubSpot custom datepicker field

You might be able to use the 'copy property value' and 'format data' actions in HubSpot workflows to create a workflow that copies the raw intercom data to a HubSpot datepicker field and formats it correctly. I have not been able to confirm that this will work though.

If you're familiar with workflows please perform this workflow first on a limited set of contacts. If you're not that familiar please, reach out to customer support to make sure you've got it configured correctly.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 9.35.15 AM.png

sbacookie
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Something has happened since yesterday because now the date fields from Intercom works fine with Hubspot date pickers. 
Meaning there is no issue with Intercom anymore. 

However, the stripe fields do not work with unformatted numbers. So the issue I cannot get the data from Stripe to Hubspot. 

JWind
Participante | Parceiro Platinum
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

Hi @sbacookie,

I'm in a similar situation, do you know what has been changed in order to map the Intercom date field with the Hubspot date fields?

Cheers,
Janick

0 Avaliação positiva
sbacookie
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi Janick

Unfortunately, I have still not been able to successfully synch dates from Stripe or Intercom into HubSpot. 

Best, 
Sebastian

0 Avaliação positiva
jbogaert
Solução
Moderador da HubSpot
Moderador da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @sbacookie,

In that case, I think it's better if you contact HubSpot's support team. They'll be able to look at the two fields you want to connect and see exactly why the system isn't able to map them with one another. If there is a fix or a workaround available, they'll be able to tell.

0 Avaliação positiva
sbacookie
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Also, if trying to use my existing PieSynch (which will be OperationsHub) I can only synch date fields one way; from Hubspot to X. 

0 Avaliação positiva