⚙ Operations Hub

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Handing duplication in HubSpo

Hello All,

I am Ravi from Brussels, nice to meet you all. I am presently working as a Technical operations analyst in one of the start ups. I have an issue with the duplications in Hubspot.

Problem:
Whenever any company joins in my platform, somehow a huge amount of duplications are crating for some companies. I have no idea how to handle this, I am actually merging the companies manually but it is a temporary solution , I just want to find out the root cause and then fix it. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this, it would be really helpful for me. Please do let me know, thanks for the community.

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @RSiddula,

Could you share more details please? What is your platform? How exactly are companies joining your platform and how is it integrated with HubSpot? How are company records created?

For these company records, can you access one of the duplicates? In the left sidebar, you should see a button View property history. Go back to the earliest entries, you should see how exactly the record was created. What does it say? Can you share a screenshot?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Hello @karstenkoehler  

Thank you for your response, I had a look at the Property history of particular company. It says "Property changed by an update from another property, an associated HubSpot record, or Hubspot tool like leading scoring". 

or 

"Property changed by use of a HubSpot API endpoint"

or

"Property changed by an update made to a company associated with this record"

these are the different kind of sources available in the Property history view

What do you think of this @karstenkoehler