⚙ Operations Hub

ACarr1
Participant

Google Sheets to HubSpot

Hi,

I'm looking for help with getting data from a Google Sheet to sync to HubSpot. I've had sucess syncing the opposite direction, but have not yet found anything that shows how to go form Sheets to HubSpot.

We have a credit based model, where a customer buys x number of credits and can use them over the course of a year. We currently track credit usgae by having our client services team fill out a HubSpot form. Our BizOps team pulls the number of and our product team creates a custom product for the client based on the form submission. We ran into an issue where our product team was not receiving enough information. We ended up creating a sheet that takes in additional information. Ideally, we can consolidate the form request and Sheet. 

We could either build a much larger version of the form or do everything in Google Sheets, assuming there is a way to sync fields. The challenge with the form is that it is static, so if someone enters  incorrect information, then we have to find a way to manually change the initial request. If we could sync from a Google Sheet, we would only need to pull a few basic pieces of information into HubSpot.

Has anyone managed to sync info from a Google Sheet into HubSpot? 

I'm open to additional suggestions as well. 

Thanks,

Allen

3 Replies 3
KimM
Top Contributor

Google Sheets to HubSpot

Depends on the extent of what you're trying to do here, but my initial thought would be to utilise google apps script that triggers a POST Request to Hubspot Contacts API (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/contacts) when specific cell ranges are updated in your spreadsheet (using onEdit trigger: https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/triggers). Shouldn't be too complicated to create this code.

Your spreadsheet would need to contain the contact id in it so it could identify the specific contact to update. And then any fields you want it to update.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Google Sheets to HubSpot

Hi @KimM,

Thank you for sharing!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Google Sheets to HubSpot

Hi @ACarr1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This is a great question 🙂 

I found this third-party integration in our marketplace that states it offers two-way sync capabilities. You can reach out to the integration builder here to see if their integration would meet your needs.  Zapier and Unito also offer bi-directional sync. 

I also would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation.

Hi @himanshurauthan@HubDoPete@ChrisoKlepke - Do you have any insight for @ACarr1?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes