⚙ Operations Hub

Magick

Google Contacts not syncing

SOLVE

I am trying to do a 2 way sync between google contacts and hubspot but contacts are not syncing. It is a simple 2 way sync with no filters. Have followed the instructions in knowledgebase as well as tried to contact the help chat but to no avail. Sync is turned out. Kindly help!

1 Accepted solution
jbogaert
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

If you're a free user, then you will not have access to support, I'm afraid. but if you're a paying customer, then here are the channels where you can contact support: https://help.hubspot.com/

Based on what you're saying, let's continue troubleshooting. Can you confirm that:

1. You connected the correct Google account? 
  2. The sync direction matches your intended outcome? The default sync direction for Google Contacts is one way: Google <= HubSpot. If you're trying to sync contacts to HubSpot, then you will need to change the dropdown selection from 'no contacts' to 'all contacts' (or another filter). Here's a clip: https://d.pr/v/rGck8Z
  3. If you're trying to sync contacts that do not have an email address, you'll need to disable this checkbox: https://d.pr/i/GRWmz4 

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @AArancibia, thanks for letting us know!

That's indeed a likely explanation. Would you be able to permanently delete at least one of those contacts in HubSpot and then try again? I always recommend to test the sync out on a subset of your database, and not the entirity of it. You can always increase the scope of the sync down the line, but you can't decrease it because the sync doesn't auto-delete contacts.

What I would also recommend is to sign up for today's Operations Hub Show & Tell. A live event that takes place later today where we'll make an announcement that will help you out a lot 😉 

0 Upvotes
AArancibia
Participant

SOLVE

I am having the exact same issue.

I have turned off syncs, removed contacts, uninstalled the contacts sync app. Reinstalled the app, reinstated permissions, checked permissions on Google Account, checked settings in HS's Google Countacts sync in Operations Hub.

Maybe I can imagine is because some register are still on the recycle bin but i can't definetly massive delete them.

One strange thing is that when I turn on the sync app it says scanning 5504 registers. But then never appears on HS contact list...

0 Upvotes
AArancibia
Participant

SOLVE

My personal theory is that the contact on google stay connected to the deleted contacts in hubspot that could not be massive permantly deleted.

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @Sean_Wilson, thanks for your feedback! I see that you're a paying customer. Please contact our support team, they'll be able to look in the sync logs and will figure out why your records aren't syncing.

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @DMontes, happy to see that it's working now! Didn't realize that you were trying out different setups. Sorry for jumping to conclusions!

It's likely that Data Sync wasn't able to correctly connect your two accounts with one another. You would have of course no way of knowing that this is the case apart from not seeing any records coming through. Our Data Sync team is working on adding a feature that would allow you to check the Health of your connection, which will prevent you from having to guess whether a connection is working or not.

Sean_Wilson
Participant

SOLVE

Being able to diagnose issues ourselves with even the simplest of data logging would be an absolute game changer for users and would probably improve HS support utilisation considerably. 

I am having the exact same issue. I have turned off syncs, removed positions, uninstalled the contacts app. Reinstalled the app, reinstated permissions, checked permissions on Google Account, checked settings in HS's Google Countacts sync in Operations Hub. Nothing. Its just a black hole of 'what happened here?' and no log data, no records, no feedbacks, nothing. Did something go wrong? Don't know? Is it field mapping? Permissions errors? I guess we will never know...

0 Upvotes
DMontes
Participant

SOLVE

In case anyone else is still having problems, this worked for me.  I removed the app from the marketplace.  Then, in my Google account, I removed all permissions for HubSpot.  Then, I installed the Google Contacts app in HubSpot again, and gave it about 30 minutes to sync.  

0 Upvotes
DMontes
Participant

SOLVE

@jbogaert I was trying out different options to see if I could get it to work.  I just set it back to All contacts - All contacts.  I'll give it a few hours to see if that helps.

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @DMontes, I quickly asked one of my colleagues to look at your data sync configuration and they confirmed it's not actually identical to @Magick's.

You seem to have set a filter on your Google Contacts: '"Contacts Folder" equals 'on'". That is likely what's causing none of your Google records to sync to HubSpot. Remove that filter and contacts will sync. 

I'm not sure what the property 'Contacts Folder' is. I've never really seen that. Can you know by any chance what that property is?

0 Upvotes
DMontes
Participant

SOLVE

@jbogaert My screen is identical to @Magick 's screen.  Only the two test contacts appear, and Sync is on.

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @DMontes, sorry to hear that! I'd be happy to help figure this out.
Can you share some screenshots with me similar to the ones that @Magick shared? 

DMontes
Participant

SOLVE

I started using HubSpot today, and have been having the same problem from an account with 100 contacts.  To add, I have also tried more than one GMail account, and followed the instructions from the page linked below.  I will return tomorrow to see if maybe overnight my contacts get synced.

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @Magick,

I'm afraid I don't really have enough information to help you troubleshoot this issue for you. I can only guess what the issue is, but I hope this helps:

It looks like the sync might not have been turned on correctly. After you've edited your sync settings, you have to click on 'review' in the top right corner, and then on 'save and sync' at the bottom. Doing that will activate the sync. Here's a video showcasing that: https://d.pr/v/LDpm5S

Bear in mind that after you click 'save and sync' that it might take a bit before the first contacts pop into your CRM. The first time you activate your sync, do not expect an instantaneous import. The larger your Google Contacts and HubSpot databases are, the longer this initial import might take. If the sync is turned on and after one hour still no contacts are imported into your apps, then you will need to contact support. 

To help support work faster, give them the following details:

• the URL of your Google Contacts integration => so they know exactly where to look
  • Give them verification that the integration is turned on => troubleshooting an active sync is easier than troubleshooting a deleted or paused one. See above on how to activate it properly.
  • Give them the email address of one or two contacts whom you expected to see imported into HubSpot/Google Contacts  => that way they can immediately narrow down their search

I'm really sorry for this inconvenience. I hope this matter gets resolved ASAP. 

0 Upvotes
Magick

SOLVE

Hi jbogaert.

I have edited the sync settings and also clicked on review as well as 'save and sync' to no avail. Connected app shows "Sync ON". I am only trying to save around 400 contacts which should not take too long.

Point to note is that I have email matching set to OFF as my contacts do not use emails.

How do I contact support? I am free user new to Hubspot

Thanks

2021-05-07_17-11-26.png2021-05-07_12-27-20.png

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

If you're a free user, then you will not have access to support, I'm afraid. but if you're a paying customer, then here are the channels where you can contact support: https://help.hubspot.com/

Based on what you're saying, let's continue troubleshooting. Can you confirm that:

1. You connected the correct Google account? 
  2. The sync direction matches your intended outcome? The default sync direction for Google Contacts is one way: Google <= HubSpot. If you're trying to sync contacts to HubSpot, then you will need to change the dropdown selection from 'no contacts' to 'all contacts' (or another filter). Here's a clip: https://d.pr/v/rGck8Z
  3. If you're trying to sync contacts that do not have an email address, you'll need to disable this checkbox: https://d.pr/i/GRWmz4