⚙ Operations Hub

Refuel
Participant

Deleted record identification from Microsoft Dynamics

We are synced to Microsoft Dynamics through the simple Operations Hub integration. When contacts get deleted in Dynamics, we want to be able to identify those and delete in HubSpot. Is there a way to identify what contacts have been deleted in Dynamics from HubSpot (smart lists, sync errors, etc?) 

I understand that I can't set up a workflow to delete but if I could at least get a list built, I could manually remove those contacts on a regular basis.

3 Replies 3
Refuel
Participant

Hi @FransLeys . Thank you for looking into this. 

Really, I'd be happy with any of those options but the third one would be the best. I've been trying to figure out some Boolean smart list way to build it (ex. if the email address does not exist in Dynamics then add to a list) but I don't see an option like that in HubSpot.

The contact list between Dynamics and HubSpot gets more out of alignment every day so if I can't figure out a solution, last option would be to dedup the records outside of the system every few weeks, like in Excel--not ideal but doable.

0 Upvotes
FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Refuel  while we don't have a solution for you right now, I wonder what you'd prefer here... 

- exposing meta data so you can build lists based on deletion state?

- just giving you the option to "if deleted in Dynamics, then delete in HubSpot" inside of the syncs settings?

- a sort of temporary in-between-screen that lists deleted contacts giving you the ability to propagate the deletion inside of HubSpot?

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Refuel!

@FransLeys, what would you suggest in this situation?