⚙ Operations Hub

BenLerner-Paio
Member | Platinum Partner

Deal Created via API - Associate to company?

SOLVE

Hey everyone,

I have a client that is creating deals via API calls from their backend, and I would like to be able to associate these deals to a company already in HubSpot.   

1. They have one property that will be in both the company and deal object, for this case lets call it "Unique ID".
  2. The client has Operations Hub.

My idea was to create a workflow, that everytime a deal is created, a custom code will run that will check if a company exists with a matching "Unique ID" then it wil associate it.

Any thoughts / feedback if A) I'm im the right direction, B) if anyone has some sample code how to go about doing this.  

Thank you!

2 Accepted solutions
jbogaert
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @BenLerner-Paio,

Do they have Operations Hub Professional, because I believe this should be possible indeed!

We have one code snippet on our Programmable Automation library that might give you a bit of head start: https://www.hubspot.com/programmable-automation-use-cases?offer=associate-contact-deal-to-company

The code will bulk associate contact deals to companies, but I can see you pinging similar APIs to get your deals and companies associated. 

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
JonathanS
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @BenLerner-Paio I would suggest checking out Associ8, it's designed to make associations like this!

Here's a workflow I just setup that will associate deals to a company based of the unique_id property.

deal-to-company-unique-id.png

If you would like, shoot me a message and I'd love to give you a demo/walkthrough of Associ8 and how to set it up for your use case. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
BenLerner-Paio

SOLVE

Thank you both for the replies on this!   I accepted both as solutions as they really are both potentials!   I'm comfortable enough coding so will check out the coding option, but for those that are not, Associ8 seems like a great option too!   Cheers guys!

0 Upvotes
JonathanS
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @BenLerner-Paio I would suggest checking out Associ8, it's designed to make associations like this!

Here's a workflow I just setup that will associate deals to a company based of the unique_id property.

deal-to-company-unique-id.png

If you would like, shoot me a message and I'd love to give you a demo/walkthrough of Associ8 and how to set it up for your use case. 

Hope this helps!

jbogaert
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @BenLerner-Paio,

Do they have Operations Hub Professional, because I believe this should be possible indeed!

We have one code snippet on our Programmable Automation library that might give you a bit of head start: https://www.hubspot.com/programmable-automation-use-cases?offer=associate-contact-deal-to-company

The code will bulk associate contact deals to companies, but I can see you pinging similar APIs to get your deals and companies associated. 

Hope it helps!

0 Upvotes