⚙ Operations Hub

jimdowning
Participant

Data sync to Intercom, Subscriptions fields

SOLVE

Hi all, 

I'm looking to create a system in which we write marketing consents into HubSpot CRM using the API, and then use Operations Data Sync to sync that data with the Subscriptions data structures in Intercom. I don't mind if we use an existing field in HubSpot CRM, or define custom attributes; all our outbound messaging is through Intercom.

Does Data Sync work with Intercom Subscriptions data? 

Thanks!

jim

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@jimdowning  I know the native integration will sync unsubscribed statuses into the CRM in both directions. Theoretically, you could stamp the subscriptions in HubSpot through a workflow based on a property being updated via the API, but I don't think you can update the Intercom Subscription in the same workflow. 

I would recommend reaching out to your Intercom support rep to see if this is possible. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@jimdowning  I know the native integration will sync unsubscribed statuses into the CRM in both directions. Theoretically, you could stamp the subscriptions in HubSpot through a workflow based on a property being updated via the API, but I don't think you can update the Intercom Subscription in the same workflow. 

I would recommend reaching out to your Intercom support rep to see if this is possible. 

0 Upvotes
jimdowning
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @Chris . Guess where Intercom support sent me? 🙂  

Some investigations with an Operations Pro trial suggest that you're right - you can sync the universal opt out attribute, but not the optional subscriptions data. 

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO

SOLVE

@jimdowning  Man that's annoying that they bounce you back here - I've always had issues with Intercom Support not being very helpful with problem solving. Feel free to post any updates here and I can add my wisdom!

0 Upvotes