⚙ Operations Hub

noren79
メンバー

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決

Hi,

I am using the free HubSpot account and the free Mailchimp account. When setting up the data sync between the two, the only field being mapped is "email" - so I get customers synced just with their emails and no other feilds... Is this normal for the free versions?

I need at least their name and hopefully their phone number.

Any help would be appreceiated.

TIA!!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jbogaert
解決策
HubSpot進行役
HubSpot進行役

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決

@noren79 wrote:

Hi,

I am using the free HubSpot account and the free Mailchimp account. When setting up the data sync between the two, the only field being mapped is "email" - so I get customers synced just with their emails and no other feilds... Is this normal for the free versions?

TIA!!

Hi @noren79,

This is normal I'm afraid. On Operations Hub free, you can only sync default fields. Mailchimp only has one default field, which is the email address. All other fields are custom fields – even fields like First Name and Last Name. The latter two can be changed in the Mailchimp audience settings to get an entirely different purpose. 

If you want to names and phone numbers, you will as such have to upgrade to Operations Hub Starter to unlock the ability to create custom field mappings.

Below is a screenshot from the Mailchimp listing in the App Marketplace, showing what default fields can be synced. 
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 12.20.11 PM.png

元の投稿で解決策を見る

6件の返信
jwolver
メンバー

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決

@jbogaert ,
Can you clarify your answer a little further. You stated that "all other fields are custom fields" but then displayed the screenshot that only listed Merge fields, First Name, and Last Name. Are these the only options, or am I truly able to map to any custom field, such as Tags?

Thanks,

Jerry

0 いいね!
jbogaert
HubSpot進行役
HubSpot進行役

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決

@jwolver wrote:

@jbogaert ,
Can you clarify your answer a little further. You stated that "all other fields are custom fields" but then displayed the screenshot that only listed Merge fields, First Name, and Last Name. Are these the only options, or am I truly able to map to any custom field, such as Tags?

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

You can indeed map any custom Mailchimp field – even Tags. (Not to be confused with *|MERGE|* tags.)

However, there is a slight limitation when syncing Tags. The sync engine cannot create any tags in Mailchimp because they act very differently than normal contact properties. So the limitation is that you won't be able to sync Tags two way, but you can map them one-way to HubSpot text fields.

0 いいね!
jwolver
メンバー

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決

Awesome! Thanks @jbogaert !

0 いいね!
jbogaert
解決策
HubSpot進行役
HubSpot進行役

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決

@noren79 wrote:

Hi,

TIA!!

Hi @noren79,

This is normal I'm afraid. On Operations Hub free, you can only sync default fields. Mailchimp only has one default field, which is the email address. All other fields are custom fields – even fields like First Name and Last Name. The latter two can be changed in the Mailchimp audience settings to get an entirely different purpose. 

If you want to names and phone numbers, you will as such have to upgrade to Operations Hub Starter to unlock the ability to create custom field mappings.

Below is a screenshot from the Mailchimp listing in the App Marketplace, showing what default fields can be synced. 
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 12.20.11 PM.png

elenapetrov
参加者

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決

Hi,

Do you know what happens with the Mailchimp fields when a contact is updated through Hubspot? Is the information lost? 

Thank you,

Elena

0 いいね!
noren79
メンバー

Data Sync with Mailchimp

解決
Thanks for the quick reply. I figured as much, was just hoping for a different answer 😉
0 いいね!