JWarren8
Participant

Create Custom object from another Custom Object

SOLVE

Example:

We are using two custom objects

1. is all calls

2. is 'soft' leads

I need a selection of 1 to create 2. I can currently perform a workaround by enrolling 1 into a workflow and creating a deal. Then enrolling the deal into a workflow and creating 2. 

That's a lengthy workaround where a lot of data is being moved around and could cause problems with reporting. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @Brenner 🙂

I don't see a standard function in the HubSpot workflows to create a Custom Object record (like we can for standard objects). With Operations Hub and the custom code option, there may be code to write that creates a custom object record, but I don't see documentation on that anywhere. 

I added this to the ideas forum here if you want to give it an upvote and comment. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @Brenner 🙂

I don't see a standard function in the HubSpot workflows to create a Custom Object record (like we can for standard objects). With Operations Hub and the custom code option, there may be code to write that creates a custom object record, but I don't see documentation on that anywhere. 

I added this to the ideas forum here if you want to give it an upvote and comment. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Brenner
Recognized Expert

SOLVE

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak and @JWarren8 ,

Sorry, but I can't help with this topic. I don't have the technical ability to help, but I know people who can help.

@DanielSanchez or @danmoyle 

Brenner Natal

HubSpot Consultant | Inbound Marketer

--------------------------------------------------

Se a minha resposta te ajudou, por gentileza, clique no botão: " Aceitar como solução ".
Ainda com dúvidas? Responda a minha postagem para que possamos continuar te ajudando!
Obrigado por postar na comunidade da HubSpot! .

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JWarren8,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

Hi @Brenner@johnelmer@ChristinaKay, do you have any advice for @JWarren8? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team     

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

FYI: I am on my sabbatical leave until July 8 2024.
JWarren8
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, like I say, I have a workaround that does work for me but it does feel that in a custom object workflow, the create record function should also include other custom objects