⚙ Operations Hub

bsm007
Top Contributor

Company property not synched in Operations Hub?

SOLVE

Love this new synchronization with MS Exchange via Operations Hub Data Sync. However, a key field is meeting from the base version ---> Company Name

Surprised to see Job Title but not Company.

Company Name is a key field for any contact list. Is this an oversight? Will this be added as a sync field?

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 6.49.32 PM.jpg

2 Accepted solutions
FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

hey @bsm007 -

Thanks for raising this. I work on the product side of Data Sync and am the author of the Outlook listing. I made a mistake by referencing an older mappings file that did allow us to confidently map that 'company name' field in the set of default field mappings (PieSync) - but in the Data Sync world it is functioning slightly differently. The one big difference being that company name which in Data Sync can be mapped, but it needs to be explicitly 'custom' mapped which is only available on Starter.

For now I've went ahead and aligned the field mappings on the marketplace listing, with the field mappings that you actually get while setting up a sync.

So while I've just rectified the documentation - it's probably not the solution you were hoping for. I agree with you that company name ideally should sit in the free tier. Please trust me in that this was not an intentional and commercial omission. Rather, it is a functional side effect of us wanting to also support company object syncing in the future. 

Again, thank you for raising this, and I will commit to finding a solution 🙂 

View solution in original post

FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@bsm007 This is now fixed - we've added the associated company name in the default field mapping. If you had a sync running, you do need to go in and turn it off and on again for the change to take effect. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bsm007,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

The contact property "Company Name" should be included in the default mappings

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 14.49.19.png

If you have already completed the sync, could you please check if the contact property "Company Name" has been updated? 

Thanks!

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
bsm007
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@MiaSrebrnjak You are correct that Company Name SHOULD be mapped according to the documentation on that page, but it is not. I have attached a screen shot of my actual mapping - it is not included. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 11.00.56 AM.jpg

0 Upvotes
FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

hey @bsm007 -

Thanks for raising this. I work on the product side of Data Sync and am the author of the Outlook listing. I made a mistake by referencing an older mappings file that did allow us to confidently map that 'company name' field in the set of default field mappings (PieSync) - but in the Data Sync world it is functioning slightly differently. The one big difference being that company name which in Data Sync can be mapped, but it needs to be explicitly 'custom' mapped which is only available on Starter.

For now I've went ahead and aligned the field mappings on the marketplace listing, with the field mappings that you actually get while setting up a sync.

So while I've just rectified the documentation - it's probably not the solution you were hoping for. I agree with you that company name ideally should sit in the free tier. Please trust me in that this was not an intentional and commercial omission. Rather, it is a functional side effect of us wanting to also support company object syncing in the future. 

Again, thank you for raising this, and I will commit to finding a solution 🙂 

bsm007
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@FransLeys Thank you for clarifying and commiting to finding a solution. Yes, the Company Name field is critical for a CRM and should be included in the default mapping. Not sure I understand why it needs to be 'custom' mapped.

FransLeys
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@bsm007 This is now fixed - we've added the associated company name in the default field mapping. If you had a sync running, you do need to go in and turn it off and on again for the change to take effect.