⚙ Operations Hub

ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

Clone deal across different pipelines using custom code

SOLVE

Hello,

I am looking to add a custom code in my workflow, that will clone a deal to another pipeline, and copy deal properties to the newly cloned deal.

My use case is to clone the deal to a new pipeline and copy deal id from the original deal to the newly cloned deal.

Anybody tried dealing with a similar scenario ?

Thank you,
@ChrisChiha 

1 Accepted solution
JonathanS
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey Chris!

Check out Clone Attack, it does all this out of the box (no custom code required)!

Clone Attack has a workflow action that allows you to choose what associations and properties you want to copy over to the new deal. It also allows you to choose what stage and pipeline the new deal gets created in. You can also incerment date fields by a set amount of time such as +1 month or +17 weeks.

If you want to copy over the original Deal ID all you have to do is create an unformatted number property for deals with the API name: ac_clone_attack_parent_object_id

Here is an example of what a Clone Attack workflow looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 12.54.52 PM.png

Hopefully this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
YPlys
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, Chris
If you still need this feature, you might consider CloneNer. It allows you to copy objects manually, as well as create automatic rules for this process. For example, you can set up a condition to automatically copy a deal under certain conditions.

TEdwards4
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey Chris - did you manage to crack this?

We've been using an app called Deal Duplicator to manual do this as I can't seem to replicate cloning a deal into another pipeline in workflows.  

0 Upvotes
JonathanS
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Chris!

Check out Clone Attack, it does all this out of the box (no custom code required)!

Clone Attack has a workflow action that allows you to choose what associations and properties you want to copy over to the new deal. It also allows you to choose what stage and pipeline the new deal gets created in. You can also incerment date fields by a set amount of time such as +1 month or +17 weeks.

If you want to copy over the original Deal ID all you have to do is create an unformatted number property for deals with the API name: ac_clone_attack_parent_object_id

Here is an example of what a Clone Attack workflow looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 12.54.52 PM.png

Hopefully this helps!