⚙ Operations Hub

DZiv
Contributor

Can I increase property value of a deal triggered by changes to an associated ticket?

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

We want to increase the property value in one of the fields in our deals based on what shows up in an associated ticket. Is there a way to make ticket-based workflows increase the property value in a field in a deal?

I managed to do something like this with a deal-based workflow, but couldn't turn on re-enrollment, so it only worked with the first associated ticket, and we need this to work with every new associated ticket.

Thanks, everyone! Any advice would be highly appreciated.

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Can I increase property value of a deal triggered by changes to an associated ticket?

SOLVE

Hi @DZiv,

This would be my approach here: In a ticket-based workflow, enroll (and re-enroll) tickets when "Hours completed (ticket) is known" (HubSpot interprets "known" as "is available" or (!) as "has changed"). The only step of that workflow would be to copy this value into a similarly named new custom property on the associated deal record, let's call it Hours completed (deal). This field would be overwritten again and again but that doesn't matter.

Because now, in a deal-based workflow, we'll (re-)enroll deals when Hours completed (deal) is known. In this deal-based workflow you can now increase the value of the property your numerical field.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DZiv,

I think I found the issue. In this workflow that I was suggesting...

"Because now, in a deal-based workflow, we'll (re-)enroll deals when Hours completed (deal) is known. In this deal-based workflow you can now increase the value of the property your numerical field."

... there needs to be a final step that clears the property value for Hours completed (deal). Otherwise to subsequent same values would not trigger re-enrollment.

Let me know if that makes sense!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DZiv,

Could you specify what this means exactly?

@DZiv wrote:

based on what shows up in an associated ticket. Is there a way to make ticket-based workflows increase the property value in a field in a deal?

If you could describe which criteria a new ticket has to meet for the deal property to be increased, that would help with the solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

DZiv
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten!

Yes, we created a field called "Hours completed", which we input every time we create a new ticket. I'm trying to create a workflow that is triggered every time a new ticket is associated with a deal, in which this (ticket) field is known, and if this field meets a specific amount, we would like to increase the value of another field that we created in our deals (also a numerical field).

I hope this helps, is this the additional information you were looking for?

Thanks!

AdamSand
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Are you doing this to create an accumulation of hours? 

We did something like this in job costing that we built. We are SOOO close on our next step which is adding accumulated costs so I am hoping to figure this out too! 

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/jQJL31JPbmeX46A4H3SFUN?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DZiv,

This would be my approach here: In a ticket-based workflow, enroll (and re-enroll) tickets when "Hours completed (ticket) is known" (HubSpot interprets "known" as "is available" or (!) as "has changed"). The only step of that workflow would be to copy this value into a similarly named new custom property on the associated deal record, let's call it Hours completed (deal). This field would be overwritten again and again but that doesn't matter.

Because now, in a deal-based workflow, we'll (re-)enroll deals when Hours completed (deal) is known. In this deal-based workflow you can now increase the value of the property your numerical field.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

DZiv
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your answer! Is there a way to make this work with multiple tickets? We would like the value to increase in the deal field every time we associate a new ticket.

Thanks!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DZiv,

The ticket workflow would enroll any ticket that fits the criteria ("Hours completed is known"), so yes, that would work for multiple tickets.

Still, disclaimer, I haven't tested this (I'm confident it should work), so I recommend you do this for a few test records before unleashing it to your whole database.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

DZiv
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your help! I've tried this with a few test tickets and here's what I found out:

This all works, but I run into a problem when two consecutive tickets have the same number in ticket - hours completed. The first workflow still works, but the second workflow doesn't seem to recognize this as a change, so is never triggered. There is no issue with re-enrollment, this works perfectly when the last ticket was a different number of hours.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Thanks!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Could you share a screenshot of the second workflow, @DZiv?

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
DZiv
Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, it's very long though, basically, it's if "hours completed in last session" (the new field I created) equals something, increase "Total hours completed" by the same amount. I'm attaching a screenshot from the top where you can see the trigger, and one from the bottom where you can see what it's actually doing, since it's very stretched out on top and hard to get it all in one screenshot:

DZiv_0-1636043279077.pngDZiv_1-1636043310912.png

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DZiv,

I think I found the issue. In this workflow that I was suggesting...

"Because now, in a deal-based workflow, we'll (re-)enroll deals when Hours completed (deal) is known. In this deal-based workflow you can now increase the value of the property your numerical field."

... there needs to be a final step that clears the property value for Hours completed (deal). Otherwise to subsequent same values would not trigger re-enrollment.

Let me know if that makes sense!

Karsten Köhler

DZiv
Contributor

SOLVE

Yeah, that makes sense! The first workflow looks like this now, do you think this will be enough? I'll have some time to test it tomorrow and will update:

DZiv_0-1636211423323.png

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DZiv, exactly, fingers crossed!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
DZiv
Contributor

SOLVE

It worked perfectly! Thanks for your help!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Sweet! Glad to hear.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AdamSand

SOLVE

How would you do this if the number on the property was different every time. 

For example 

Amount (HS Deal Property) 
$12000 
Cost 1 (Custom Deal Property) 
$5000
Adjustment (Custom Deal Property fed from Ticket) 
$0 

Profit (Custom Deal Property) 
$7000

But if a ticket closes with a Adjustment Cost of "$500"
Add $500 to the Deal Property "Adjustment" 

We can do that part, we figured that out. 
So then the Profit would go down to $6500 

But now a SECOND ticket associated to the deal is closed with an "Adjustment" of $500
We need it to ADD to the original deals adjustment value $500 

So now there is a total adjustments of $1000 and a profit recalculated at $6000 

We are trying to do this as a job costing feature. 

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/jQJL31JPbmeX46A4H3SFUN?

0 Upvotes