⚙ Operations Hub

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Assign Deactivated user's contact & companies to someone in the team

SOLVE

Hello Community

I would like to implement best practice, please do help me 

We see if someone from the sales team leaves the org, then that person will be considered as a deactivated user on hubspot, you see list of contacts and companies assigned to this deactivated user.

Now my requirement is, I would like to implement something automatic flow where all the contacts and companies assigned to deactiated user should assign to someone right away when the person leaves the org.

Any suggestions on how we can implement this?  please do help me out.

Regards

Ravi

#Ravi_talks 

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula,

There was recently another user who requested this but I can't find the other thread. Unfortunately, this cannot be automated via workflow.

The reason why this cannot be automated is that records from deleted users cannot be automatically identified. When a user is deleted, their records are neither known nor unknown. One of the two would have to be the case to enroll a record into a workflow for re-assigned.

As always, this can probably be solved with custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional.

Best regards!

PS. Delete users can still be referenced in lists and workflows under deactivated users, but you have to select each one by one. There is no catch-all for deactivated users.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula,

Correct, if you manually add those deleted users to the workflow enrollment criteria, that works.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
RSiddula
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Yes, it totally makes sense @karstenkoehler 

Correct me if I am wrong, I would like to implement the workflow and add the list (deactivated users) into workflow everytime when the user leaves the org. hope this is the only solutions I see

Note: Except custom code actions in operations Hub

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula,

Correct, if you manually add those deleted users to the workflow enrollment criteria, that works.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula,

There was recently another user who requested this but I can't find the other thread. Unfortunately, this cannot be automated via workflow.

The reason why this cannot be automated is that records from deleted users cannot be automatically identified. When a user is deleted, their records are neither known nor unknown. One of the two would have to be the case to enroll a record into a workflow for re-assigned.

As always, this can probably be solved with custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional.

Best regards!

PS. Delete users can still be referenced in lists and workflows under deactivated users, but you have to select each one by one. There is no catch-all for deactivated users.

Karsten Köhler