jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

[OCT 21] Closed | Live AMA on Sandbox Software w/ Collette King

Ask Me Anything: Sandbox Software

Thursday, October 21, 11:00 am (EST)
Watch On-Demand

Hi everyone!

With the announcement and introduction of Sandboxes at INBOUND, you probably have a ton of questions. Either about the functionality and how it works, or maybe about when to best use it, or how to get access to it.

To field all of your questions, I’ve invited Collette King (@Coking) , the Product Manager of Sandboxes to our community for a Live AMA (Ask Me Anything). The event will take place on October 21 at 11 am (EST)

About Sandbox Software

If you want to learn more about Collette and her involvement in the development of Sandboxes please read her intro post here. You can learn more about how, what and why on this product page.

If you have a pressing question you really want an answer to. Then post it below as these will get prioritized!

See you there 😄

HubSpot Webinar Operations Hub AMA #2.png

9 Replies 9
Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

I have a few questions regarding sandboxes.

1. Are sandboxes good to use for a website redesign? Or is content staging still the preferred method?
  2. Do sandboxes have a time limit?
  3. Is there an undo if you sync and something breaks?
0 Upvotes
Coking
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi! I'm Collette the PM working on Sandboxes. Thanks for the questions!

1. Right now, I wouldn't recommend using Sandboxes for Website redesign because we don't sync specific pages, just themes, templates and modules. Content staging is still the best for that (right now).
  2. These Sandboxes do not have a time limit.
  3. You can always resync your production account --> Sandbox account to reset the Sandbox to mirror production. This will overwrite any changes to assets that we sync but not overwrite assets that we don't sync. For example, if you created a Sandbox then modified the deal stages + created a new chatflow and then you re-synced your Sandbox account, the deal stages would be reset to whatever they are in production, but the chatflow wouldn't be touched. This is because we sync deal pipelines but not chatflows. You can also delete your Sandbox and start from scratch whenever you want. 
0 Upvotes
esteeratliff
Contributor

That was a great session! Thanks so much. Definitely helped me feel a bit better with clicking that button to turn it on. Not going to lie, it's nice to have a "clean" fresh HubSpot account 😅

Dudu100

Can I create multiple sandboxes? right now it looks like I can create only one...

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@Dudu100, not sure if you were there in-person, but I asked Collette this question and it's indeed true. You can only have the one sandbox though the team is looking to expand on that. 
Should you want multiple testing environments, you can in the meantime use a developer account or sandbox though these won't come with the option of pre-filled data.

0 Upvotes
MBooker
Contributor

I am very excited for this, but currently has a conflict. Will the recording be available to registered guests after the event?

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @MBooker, the recording will be available to everybody as of Friday morning! 🙂

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Recording is now available!

Meeting Recording:
https://hubspot.zoom.us/rec/share/IzQhGDQJD169moMxrbsSofk_9z-bY-1AiHvQ3NDqYThMGGlXzyoyAcFnNap2Twfc.R...

Access Passcode: i1JjZ%j#

0 Upvotes
MBooker
Contributor

Fantastic - thank you! I hope to be there in person.