📅 Events

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Jack Coldrick's Masterclass in Custom Automation

Jack Coldrick's Custom Automation Masterclass

With HubSpot's Operations Hub Professional you can create your own custom-coded workflow actions to solve the various needs of your business. Whether that's managing data within the CRM using HubSpot APIs, querying third-party APIs, or a combination of both, the sky is the limit (so long an API exists!).

In this four-part masterclass, you'll learn the ins and outs of HubSpot's custom code actions in workflows through four interactive workshops. Each workshop is dedicated to a particular use case. You'll learn how to build a working example of each use case step-by-step.

Our aim is that by the end of this masterclass you'll not only be proficient at writing custom code actions yourselves, but you'll walk away with four ready-to-use examples.

This masterclass is taught by Jack Coldrick, Principal Solutions Engineer at HubSpot and esteemed member of the HubSpot RevOps & Operations community. If you want to browse through some of Jack's many pre-built custom code actions, you can find them listed in the Programmable Automation Use Case Library.

Important note: we recommend a basic proficiency in programming languages like Javascript or Python, and APIs to anyone attending this masterclass.

Browse all the sessions:

4 Replies 4
ChrisoKlepke
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Hey @jbogaert

just watched the recording from the first session and I found it incredibly well-structured. The first time I have looked at the Custom Code WF Actions, I was quite overwhelmed with stuff. Your session would have helped a lot a couple of weeks ago.

If anyone in the community is like me, it's a great opportunity to pick up coding, and that's why I was super excited when Python got added to the languages. At least from my very limited experience, I'd say that it is far easier to pick up than JavaScript. Would it be possible to make one of the sessions in Python?

Thank you for the support,

Chriso

jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ChrisoKlepke,

Thanks for joining and glad you found it helpful! I took some time to put together a short video of how you can use custom coded automation and python to query a third party service, in this case Clearbits Enrichment API. You can find that here. The code I use in the video can be found here. I've also updated the slide deck.

Moving forward I'll ensure we include Python as an example!

I hope this helps!

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
ChrisoKlepke

You're a god @jackcoldrick! Thank you very much for providing this example!

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @ChrisoKlepke,

Thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it!!!

I'd love to have one of the upcoming sessions dedicated to Python, but I'm afraid we might not be able to do so. Jack told us his Python isn't as strong as his Javascript, so I'd have to ask him to see if he'd be comfortable doing so. I will see what we can do though, and even if we can't do it this time, I'll keep it in mind for future events

Hope to see you Thursday! 🙂