💬 RevOps Discussions

ZKhan33

company merger updating the life cycle stage

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot Community, 

We have a lifecycle stage at company level named "Churn" and are tracking it based on the last closed won date (if earlier than 1 year then change the status to Churn via an automation). 

The problem we are facing is often we have to merge companies with different lifecycle stages and last closed won dates, and after the merger HubSpot automatically updates these two fields (lifecycle stage and closed won date) with the data from the new company instead of keeping the data as it is (irrespective of if the company is being merged into another or if it's the main one, the data keeps updated with the other company data) 

We have an automation for this which looks into a deal close date and copies that to company property "Last closed won date" but after merger of 2 companies this automation won't re-enroll these companies and we have to do it manually. 

Does someone know a way that after merger the data doesn't get changed or if it does the above mentioned automation re-enrols the deals of that company and updates the last closed won date to most recent date? 

Looking forward to your support, Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 17.17.52.pngScreenshot 2023-02-14 at 17.18.37.png

Best,
Zohaib 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZKhan33,

HubSpot does not have any options here which would allow you to specify which value to keep, unfortunately: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/companies/how-do-i-merge-companies

If you have a preference for what to keep, you would have to choose a main company record and then selectively edit properties with values from the to-be-deleted duplicate.

If third-party apps are an option, I believe Insycle should give you more flexibility when deduplicating records in HubSpot: https://www.insycle.com/hubspot/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @ZKhan33,

Thank for mentioning Insycle @karstenkoehler. I work there as a product marketer so I thought I would pop in here and give a little context around Insycle's deduplication features, which allow for field-by-field data retention rules, which would allow you to solve this problem. 

With Insycle, you can use any field in your HubSpot CRM as a duplicate matching field. You can also set rules for choosing the resulting post-merge master record (such as the most recently updated record, first created record, etc.)

For your use case, Insycle has field-by-field data retention settings. I've attached a screenshot below as an example. 

For this, you'd instruct Insycle to keep the Lifecycle Stage of any merged record that was "Churn," and potentially the "Last Close Won Date" from any record older than a year. 

data-retention-2 (1).png

0 Upvotes
shyannehkr
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZKhan33,

HubSpot does not have any options here which would allow you to specify which value to keep, unfortunately: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/companies/how-do-i-merge-companies

If you have a preference for what to keep, you would have to choose a main company record and then selectively edit properties with values from the to-be-deleted duplicate.

If third-party apps are an option, I believe Insycle should give you more flexibility when deduplicating records in HubSpot: https://www.insycle.com/hubspot/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.