💬 RevOps Discussions

maggiebutler
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Your feedback needed: What do you want to see in a RevOps Certification?

Great news, RevOps Community - our very own HubSpot Academy team is building out a RevOps Certification! What should we make sure to include in the content? Let us know in the comments below.

It's true - @mbarba and the Academy crew have been hard at work creating quality RevOps education for you, and coming soon is a brand-new certification for RevOps professionals like you who want to learn the why's, how's and what's of RevOps.

We already have two RevOps Lessons that are live today: Introduction to Revenue Operations (RevOps) and The RevOps Skill Set. We'll be adding more lessons into the mix and creating a packaged certification that ties all of the RevOps education together.

We know how important education is to the RevOps industry and revenue operators. On that note, what should we make sure to include in our RevOps certification? What topics or themes are a must-have? What would make you really excited to take the certification? Let us know your thoughts - we'd love to hear from you and build you a certification that really works for you.

7 Replies 7
JenBergren
Guide

@Drew_Cohen do you have access to the platform consulting certification that talks about auditing your tech stack? It is a partner-only certification. https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/platform-consulting

So there is already a lesson, but perhaps it should be moved somewhere with customer (not just partner) access, in the RevOps learning area? 

@Maggie what do you think? 

Thanks,
Jen Bergren
Sr. Operations Manager
Remotish - A HubSpot RevOps and WebOps Agency

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
0 Upvotes
Drew_Cohen
Top Contributor

@JenBergren hi there, now that I'm not working in the partner world anymore, I do not. However, in looking at the overview of the course, it's a great foundational start, but my guess is a more advanced course would be helpful for folks as well-- discussing deeper levels of native vs. custom integrations, iPaaS platforms pros and cons, if/where custom code actions can come into play, etc.

Love the idea of moving this course out of the partner-only sections, as well. With that said, my guess is that it's there because it's more of a "consulting" and "business development" message to educate partners on monetization streams from this type of work.

JenBergren
Guide

Similar to Jon's request, I would love to see lessons about the people & process sides of RevOps, not just tech and data. And my favorite topic that helps people use processes that use data and tech: documentation! 🙂

Thanks,
Jen Bergren
Sr. Operations Manager
Remotish - A HubSpot RevOps and WebOps Agency

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
YanikO
Participant

When is the Revenue Operations Certification course being released? Is it a Q4 or Q1 2022 release?

0 Upvotes
Jon-RevenueOps
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

Some courses on process creation, process auditing would be great. Also, education on change management and training teams on the new processes. 

Drew_Cohen
Top Contributor

Having trained several other RevOps team members in the past, I think a lesson that would be super valuable would be something along the lines of “how to approach integrations” or “how to evaluate your tech stack”. With the rise of Operations Hub and other IPaaS platforms, I believe these will be even more important as time goes on.
Trygve
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

I think this is great! I can't wait to get caught up in the academy.

Things I'd be interested in: 

Sales ROI vs. Marketing ROI 

becoming a RevOps operation

Potential pitfalls of above