💬 RevOps Discussions

SOllerenshaw
Participant

Workflow Enrolment on Quote Recall & Edit and/or Re-Publish actions

SOLVE

Hi folks,

I cannot figure out a way to enrol a Deal to a Workflow when a linked Quote is Recalled & Edited.

Each time a Quote is created OR Recalled & Edited I need to update a unique ID field on the Deal which will be embedded in the next Quote that's published.

Does anyone have a way to action this?

Context: On Quote creation I'm clearing that value and re-populating it via another Workflow. This doesn't cover the Recall & Edit functionality though.

I can empty the value via API on Quote load via ajax call, but Workflow enrolment won't let it automatically re-enrol "on <uniqueid> field is unknown"..

1 Accepted solution
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Have you tried making the workflow trigger for the quote just status "is known" and then in the workflow itself using if logic to run on specific statuses. "Is known" will make the workflow run everytime the status property is updated.

By doing that, you should be able to run a workflow on every status change. From the quote workflow I think you can run if logic on both quote and deal properties as well as set values on both quote and deal properties.

Because of this, to rerun the deal workflow, why not make a new property on the deal called like "generate unique id". Use that as enrollment for the deal workflow if like it's true, and during the deal workflow set it to false or something.

I feel like there is enough logic and tools there to allow you to do what you want unless I'm missing something.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
LeeBartelme
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Do you have to enroll the deal?

Can you not run the workflow from quotes? If so, you can renroll on quote properties and you can still set deal properties from the workflow.

A few more details surrounding the full workflow and process might help.

0 Upvotes
SOllerenshaw
Participant

SOLVE

I have these workflows:

1. Deal Enrolment when <Unique ID Field> is empty, which populates it
  2. Quote Enrolment when Create Date is known, wipe <Unique ID Field> on associated Deal (then #1 kicks in to re-populate with re-enrolment)

But what's missing is when a Quote is "Recalled & Edited" or re-published it doesn't trigger #2 to wipe the field. 

I can't see any Deal or Quote enrolment options that can be enabled to be used as re-enrolment triggers also.  Eg I suspect "Last modified date was updated after Create date" would work, but that specifically says it can't be used as a re-enrolment trigger with reference to: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/add-re-enrollment-triggers-to-a-workflow

This means if a Deal has 2 Quotes and both are recalled + edited then republished, they'll both end up with the same Unique ID from the Deal embedded in them.  Due to the use of this field, if one Quote is completed the other will be in a broken state (custom backend code) as that Unique ID has been "used" and it can only be used once.

I need a way to trigger a Workflow on a Quote or Deal when a Quote is Recalled & Edited, or Re-Published.

0 Upvotes
LeeBartelme
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Have you tried making the workflow trigger for the quote just status "is known" and then in the workflow itself using if logic to run on specific statuses. "Is known" will make the workflow run everytime the status property is updated.

By doing that, you should be able to run a workflow on every status change. From the quote workflow I think you can run if logic on both quote and deal properties as well as set values on both quote and deal properties.

Because of this, to rerun the deal workflow, why not make a new property on the deal called like "generate unique id". Use that as enrollment for the deal workflow if like it's true, and during the deal workflow set it to false or something.

I feel like there is enough logic and tools there to allow you to do what you want unless I'm missing something.

SOllerenshaw
Participant

SOLVE

Fantastic, thanks mate!  I hadn't thought of a "fire off all the time" enrolment trigger.

I've got this working checking both "Create Date is known" and "Quote Approval Status is known" (both can be used for re-enrolment) and it picks up creations and recall+edit actions, with some additional logic whether to continue inside the workflow as you suggested.

0 Upvotes