💬 RevOps Discussions

lalexander
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What resources/experiences have you found most influential in up-skilling up on the data front?

For folks in July 1's Operations Series session on data: what has helped you grow your data and reporting skills?

This could be a course or other more formal education process, or an experience that taught you something significant about data/reporting.

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
davecriswell
Stratege/Strategin

What resources/experiences have you found most influential in up-skilling up on the data front?

Read every post you can and subscribe to Avinash Kaushik's blog, Occam's Razor.

0 Upvotes
willsmith
Autorität | Diamond Partner
Autorität | Diamond Partner

One of the best ways to learn something is to teach it. In addition to helping clients understand the reports we generate for them, I have also found it helpful to observe how other account managers build and explain reports for their clients. While classes and resources are good, nothing beats the practical, real-world experience of digging in and getting the work done. 

DigiUpDiva
Teilnehmer/-in

I've found various resources/experiences to be helpful:

• Google Analytics courses
  • Nielsen Norman Group testing and analytics courses
  • Business analytics courses
  • The experience of having to dig thru terrible data - learning what not to do
0 Upvotes
AM8
Stratege/Strategin

I do a lot of reporting on Excel and any tutorial on Pivot tables would be helpful. Here is a resource I use for SQL and Excel: https://learn.datacamp.com/

Hope this helps
Thank you.
-AM8 
#Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
Josh
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

I think it is important to not only understand data as it stands on an island but to help to understand the business processes and business cases behind it. It has been helpful for me to be in a sales role to understand that when I apply that information to the onboarding of other sales teams onto the platform.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

maggiebutler
HubSpot-Moderator/-in
HubSpot-Moderator/-in

I took this course remotely - got me back into SQL queries. Very doable within your work week! https://generalassemb.ly/education/data-analytics/boston

0 Upvotes