💬 RevOps Discussions

sethao
Miembro

What are the first 3 things you would do when taking over a HubSpot account with 100,000 contacts?

I would first ensure the HubSpot tracking code is implemented every where it needs to be.
Then I'd move forward with a full system audit.
Beginning with contact properties and moving on to lists, then workflows.

And document it all along the way.
Then turn off or delete what's unnecessary and normalize the rest of it with standard naming conventions.

Thanks!
3 Respuestas 3
amabilemorgan20
Participante

What are the first 3 things you would do when taking over a HubSpot account with 100,000 contacts?

The HubSpot account that I manage has 900,000 + contacts and growing every day, so as you can imagine managing this size platform can be difficult. The best thing you can do when taking over a large HubSpot account is to do an audit. Make sure all of the data you're collecting is useful and relevant in some way. If its not, clean it up. 

See if all 100,000 users are engaging in your emails (etc.). If they're not, look at the metrics and figure out if there are patterns. Get them back, or delete them from the system when your efforts arent working. 

Use naming conventions to keep things easy, and monitor it with notes so that you can see the progress being made!

0 Me gusta
a_schumacher
Equipo de producto de HubSpot
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Personally, these three come to mind:  

1) Understand the company's full tech stack and HubSpot's specific role in it. Is HubSpot being used full-stack for marketing, sales, and service? Is there another CRM that is a source of truth, or are there other sources (like a webinar registration tool) that are feeding contacts into HubSpot? Is HubSpot primarily or exclusively being used for marketing? This can tell you whether there are other sources whose data HubSpot is being impacted by, or if there are other systems that HubSpot is impacting. A good question to understand is "What goal are we trying to accomplish using HubSpot/why was HubSpot purchased in the first place"? 

2) Understand which tools within HubSpot are being used. You can click through tools in the portal like the email tool, workflows, social, ads, deals, content strategy, companies, Traffic Analytics/reports, and campaigns to understand which tools have been recently or heavily used. Based on the goal(s) identified in 1 above, you can evaluate if there are unused tools that could provide value for your business. 

3) Interview team members or the previous HubSpot POC to find out what is causing still causing friction in HubSpot today. The real goal of this step is to understand what isn't working so that you can come in and find solutions! Are your teams getting confused because there are too many old campaigns/workflows/contacts properties and no one knows what they do anymore? Or are there manual tasks like data entry or lead assignment that are taking up people's time (maybe an opportunity to automate with workflows or an integration)? Is all of the website traffic being bucketed under "Offline Sources" instead of showing under categories like "Paid social"? 

-Amanda Danielson, HubSpot Success Consultant

DanielaFonseca
Colaborador líder

When I first joined my company, our database had around 300,000 contacts. My manager highlighted pain points for them (leads weren't being assigned correctly; MQL workflow didn't work properly; etc.), and I started from there. By working on fixing those problems, I learned how my team is using HubSpot. I was able to dig into existing automation and tweak things, but also identify other areas of improvement. To this day, that's basically how most projects come up -- something that was identified during another project. I think this is the best way to start -- tackling known issues.

Since we had around 300,000 contacts, though, I always tested things before running automation or mass updating things. If I was uploading an update, I would only upload to my own record to see what happened. If I was using automation like a workflow, I would set the trigger criteria to be email = {my email}; and to test the real trigger criteria, I would pull a list to see how many contacts got pulled in, and if they were the right ones.