💬 RevOps Discussions

KShadid

Track monthly revenue and assigned resources

SOLVE

Any ideas on how I can use HubSpot as a central point for tracking ongoing monthly sales numbers and assigned company resources?  I'm trying to get a view that the organization can find this data all in one place.

For example, for each customer I want to be able to easily report:

- Monthly revenue numbers across 5 different products

- Calculated stats (ie. X product revenue is what percentage of total revenue)

- Assigned product owner, account manager, support person

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KShadid,

HubSpot can certainly act as your central point for all reporting purposes but to get there here are a few pointers :

• HubSpot lets you do advanced reporting and can get quite close to a full on Business Intelligence tool like Qlik or Tableau => you cannot report on data that is not hosted in your HubSpot account (no pulling data from different sources here)

• HubSpot isn't really (at all actually) an ERP, so you will most likely have other tools where relevant data is stored => this means syncing that data with HubSpot is your first goal.
    If you have access to custom objects, this is your ideal storage for that kind of data.

If you don't need extra information (meaning support, account management AND product management is already done within HubSpot), simply skip this step.

• To report on MRR per product, you have to correctly use the products table and include them in your quotes/transactions.
    When I say correctly, I mean properly filling billing frequency, term and billing start date.
    This will make reporting a breeze.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

JenBergren
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks for tagging me @TiphaineCuisset !

For revenue numbers, do you currently have all the revenue data in HubSpot through a Quickbooks integration, HubSpot Payments, or a combination of sources?

For the assigned person, you can create a company property for each of those roles and use that property in a report.
For example, we are an agency and have a team capacity report for both revenue and hours managed per person that @RemotishAgency created and can tell you about if needed!

Though it may not answer your exact questions, have you tried the revenue goals tools? We have a video and transcript here, if it is useful: Why You Need Revenue Goals in Your HubSpot RevOps Toolbox

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JenBergren
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Thanks for tagging me @TiphaineCuisset !

For revenue numbers, do you currently have all the revenue data in HubSpot through a Quickbooks integration, HubSpot Payments, or a combination of sources?

For the assigned person, you can create a company property for each of those roles and use that property in a report.
For example, we are an agency and have a team capacity report for both revenue and hours managed per person that @RemotishAgency created and can tell you about if needed!

Though it may not answer your exact questions, have you tried the revenue goals tools? We have a video and transcript here, if it is useful: Why You Need Revenue Goals in Your HubSpot RevOps Toolbox

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KShadid,

HubSpot can certainly act as your central point for all reporting purposes but to get there here are a few pointers :

• HubSpot lets you do advanced reporting and can get quite close to a full on Business Intelligence tool like Qlik or Tableau => you cannot report on data that is not hosted in your HubSpot account (no pulling data from different sources here)

• HubSpot isn't really (at all actually) an ERP, so you will most likely have other tools where relevant data is stored => this means syncing that data with HubSpot is your first goal.
    If you have access to custom objects, this is your ideal storage for that kind of data.

If you don't need extra information (meaning support, account management AND product management is already done within HubSpot), simply skip this step.

• To report on MRR per product, you have to correctly use the products table and include them in your quotes/transactions.
    When I say correctly, I mean properly filling billing frequency, term and billing start date.
    This will make reporting a breeze.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KShadid 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @JenBergren @LMeert @jolle do you have any suggestions or thoughts for @KShadid on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes