💬 RevOps Discussions

EAndersson9
Miembro

Static Hubspot data over time

resolver

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how others solve a problem that I'm guessing quite many runs into. 

How do you handle reporting in Hubspot with data that changes over time?

For example, how many opportunities do we have each month. Since the state of deal changes it is impossible using Hubspot reporting tool to find out how many opportunities we had a year ago. How do you solve this using Hubspot report tool?

I know that you can save the pipeline changes using Hubspot API in a database (warehouse) but then you won't have the reporting in Hubspot. Is there any other solution to this?

Kind Regards

Emmy 

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @EAndersson9,

For the use case you're mentioning, HubSpot automatically maintains properties on the contact and deal record. There are "Became a [lifecycle stage] date" for contacts and "Entered [deal stage] date" data points available in custom HubSpot reports. The latter is only available in reports, not as a property.

For anything beyond date, I'd recommend creating date fields and populating these date fields using contact- and deal-based workflows. By doing so, you're storing this information for later use and can report on the earlier "status" of your HubSpot portal for this particular question.

Let me know if I should provide more detail on anything I mentioned above.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @EAndersson9,

For the use case you're mentioning, HubSpot automatically maintains properties on the contact and deal record. There are "Became a [lifecycle stage] date" for contacts and "Entered [deal stage] date" data points available in custom HubSpot reports. The latter is only available in reports, not as a property.

For anything beyond date, I'd recommend creating date fields and populating these date fields using contact- and deal-based workflows. By doing so, you're storing this information for later use and can report on the earlier "status" of your HubSpot portal for this particular question.

Let me know if I should provide more detail on anything I mentioned above.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.