💬 RevOps Discussions

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Sales team survey questions

SOLVE

Hello Community,

I am planning to launch a survey to my sales team to understand their issues and help them with the possible solutions, it would be great if anyone suggest me a recommend questions to ask them. The goal of the survey is to improve the productivity of the Sales team, thank you and looking forward to seeing some interesting questions. 

If possible please recommend some measurable questions. 

Regards

Ravishankar S

1 Accepted solution
ChristinaKay
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Oh, I LOVE this question @RSiddula @jbogaert 

Questions to ask:

• What are the manual tasks you are doing? Can you estimate the time it takes for these? 
  • If you have your own excel sheet you work in, what data points / information are you putting in there? Are those datapoints in our CRM/do they need to be created?
  • When you are on calls, where do you put notes? Right within the call pop up or in notes on the contact OR somewhere else?
  • Common questions you get on calls (or create snippets/templates for quicker emails)
  • When creating a contact or company, is there a property that would be helpful to have to keep things more organized? Is there a property in the pop up that you never use? 
    • Hubspot found that sales reps spend an average of 5.5 hours a week just entering contacts and activities into their CRM... times that by how many reps you have and weeks working.. that number is scary so get to automating that! 
  •  Going with the previous question... ask about the biggest struggle adding new contacts/companies (probably ask this one first then go to specifics on fields) 

I could go on and on about this and will come back to add more later. 

One thing I did was sit in on calls prospecting, renewals, and upsells (and more) I was looking at what they were doing on the screen in the CRM to determine easier/more productive ways for certain things. We changed up a lot just from those interactions as well. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
RSiddula
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @ChristinaKay @JenBergren for the useful questions, indeed it helped me to form my own questions.

0 Upvotes
JenBergren
Guide

SOLVE

@ChristinaKay  has excellent advice! Here are a few more ideas:

• What did you do at your past company that would be useful to do here?
  • What task or process do you think takes too much time?
  • What part of a process do you think is pointless (there may be a less negative way to word this, but the phrasing may inspire some gut reactions and strong opinions)

Questions for you: 🙂
    Are you only looking to improve productivity related to work in/using HubSpot, or all their work?
    Do you use a project management system already, either HubSpot tasks or something more robust?
    Do you track time at your company?

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin
ChristinaKay
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Oh, I LOVE this question @RSiddula @jbogaert 

Questions to ask:

• What are the manual tasks you are doing? Can you estimate the time it takes for these? 
  • If you have your own excel sheet you work in, what data points / information are you putting in there? Are those datapoints in our CRM/do they need to be created?
  • When you are on calls, where do you put notes? Right within the call pop up or in notes on the contact OR somewhere else?
  • Common questions you get on calls (or create snippets/templates for quicker emails)
  • When creating a contact or company, is there a property that would be helpful to have to keep things more organized? Is there a property in the pop up that you never use? 
    • Hubspot found that sales reps spend an average of 5.5 hours a week just entering contacts and activities into their CRM... times that by how many reps you have and weeks working.. that number is scary so get to automating that! 
  •  Going with the previous question... ask about the biggest struggle adding new contacts/companies (probably ask this one first then go to specifics on fields) 

I could go on and on about this and will come back to add more later. 

One thing I did was sit in on calls prospecting, renewals, and upsells (and more) I was looking at what they were doing on the screen in the CRM to determine easier/more productive ways for certain things. We changed up a lot just from those interactions as well. 

jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula,

Thanks for asking. I'll tag some folks who may be able to help you out!

@Drew_Cohen@JenBergren@MattBolian@AHudson@ChristinaKay