💬 RevOps Discussions

mphelps2
Participant

Sakari SMS / Workflows

We're using the Sakari SMS integration to send text messages to contacts through a workflow. Based on the contact's preferences, the person either receives an email or the aforementioned text message.

Is there a way to track how many texts are being sent through the workflow? I feel like it should be obvious, but I'm not finding it.

5 Replies 5
HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sakari SMS / Workflows

@mphelps2 depends how you have the workflow built. Is the split of email/text message in two separate workflows? If yes, can you look at the "performance" tab of the workflow to see # contacts enrolled over time each month? 

I also checked out Sakari's integration video here (https://vimeo.com/343493293). It looks like they add an activity to the contact record which is segmentable. So you could create a smart list of contacts with the segmentation factor Sakari SMS.

0 Upvotes
mphelps2
Participant

Sakari SMS / Workflows

Hi @HadarS, it's build with the email and text in the same workflow. Perhaps that's a future solution, to break them out separately.

I've played around with the smart lists -- I think the issue there is that I can pull a list of contacts who have been in rolled in "Workflow A" and who have received a text from us, but they could have received the text as part of "Workflow B."

Thanks for the reply!

0 Upvotes
HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sakari SMS / Workflows

@mphelps2 can you explain what you're going to do with the information that a text was sent out from a particular workflow vs at all? Once I understand the goal, I can likely recommend some additional solutions here. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
mphelps2
Participant

Sakari SMS / Workflows

@HadarS 

We send surveys to contacts after they've attended events, and we were experimenting with sending the links to the surveys out in email vs via text. Trying to determine how many texts were sent out to see how effective they are at driving survey replies (the texts have a unique link in them, so I can see how many clicks but don't know how many total texts were sent).

0 Upvotes
a_schumacher
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Sakari SMS / Workflows

Hi @mphelps2 ! Perhaps you could make a custom number field called "number of texts" and add an action to "increment property" by 1 every time there is a step in a workflow that sends a text message to the contact?