💬 RevOps Discussions

Drishtii_
Participant

Reporting on sales first response time

SOLVE

Hi!

How do you guys pull reports on first response times to new leads assigned to Sales reps? 

Ideally, I would want to be able to record the time difference between the lead getting assigned to a rep and the first sales activity (call, email, meeting booked, etc.). 

I know that Hubspot does not record this time currently, but I am wondering if I can: 

1. Create a custom property to record the timestamp of the first sales activity

2. Create another calculated custom property to check the time between Owner assigned date and first sales recorded activity (from 1 above)

Does this make sense? Or is there an easier way to approach this?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys. 

- Drishtii

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Drishtii_

HubSpot actually has an out of the box report for this in the Sales Analytics tool (available in Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise). Navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Analytics > Coach Reps & Teams > Lead response time. This is the definition of response time:

Average time to engage contact: The average amount of time it takes a rep to start an activity with a contact. Time begins from when the contact is assigned. All time is included in this calculation for example weekends and non-working hours. Qualifying activities include calls, emails, chats, tasks or meetings.

Without Sales Hub Professional you could indeed work with calculated properties. Your first date of reference could be the create date or the date when a contact is assigned to a sales rep (custom date property 1). The date first outreach would have to be date stamped in another workflow, enrolling contacts when Last contacted is known (custom date property 2). You could then calculate the the time between these dates but it wouldn't be more detailed than days.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
BennyP
Contributor

SOLVE

I was using this first response time to calculate time between a contact asked for a demo and when the sales exec first reached out to them. 
It was working perfectly until some contacts started asking for demo twice and thus, the demo request time stamp gets overriden. On the other hand, the second timestamp I had created (Timestamp: first contacted after demo request) doesn't. This leads that to the response time (which calculates difference between these two timestamps to be incorrect). 

Does any one have a solution for this? @karstenkoehler 

0 Upvotes
glencornell
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

The functionality of this report is now in the reporting library, and a new 'Sales email average first response time by rep' report is now included to show this data broken down by users!

tylerjeastman

SOLVE

Is there a way to see response time by rep over time? I would like to see if reps are improving their response time at a glance.

DTadd1
Participant

SOLVE

Is there a way to make this work with custom users? I'd like to track lead response time for my SDR's (when leads are brand new) and then with my AE's (when they are handed off). 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Drishtii_

HubSpot actually has an out of the box report for this in the Sales Analytics tool (available in Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise). Navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools > Sales Analytics > Coach Reps & Teams > Lead response time. This is the definition of response time:

Average time to engage contact: The average amount of time it takes a rep to start an activity with a contact. Time begins from when the contact is assigned. All time is included in this calculation for example weekends and non-working hours. Qualifying activities include calls, emails, chats, tasks or meetings.

Without Sales Hub Professional you could indeed work with calculated properties. Your first date of reference could be the create date or the date when a contact is assigned to a sales rep (custom date property 1). The date first outreach would have to be date stamped in another workflow, enrolling contacts when Last contacted is known (custom date property 2). You could then calculate the the time between these dates but it wouldn't be more detailed than days.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GMarkham
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @Karsten,

Does this also apply to tickets? We are trying to get the average response time for technicians on service tickets. 

Response = call, email, chat, logged text, etc.

0 Upvotes
lilo

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

I am working on a report to calculate the time it takes to the sales rep to call a new lead (deal). I did create a calculated property following your comment. It did work at the begining, but when a second call is made, the last contacted value makes the calculated property to run again and the first calculation result is erased.

It is there a way that I can have the first result as a fix value?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
BennyP
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi, this is awesome!

The existing report in the sales analytics isn't much use for me since we don't use the contact assigned date. In other words, I was more interested in seeing the average response time for demo inbounds.

I used your second option (creating a workflow) and it worked 🙂 More specifically, I had to first create a workflow to timestamp a "First Contact" and then I created a calculated property which would find the timebetween the a) Timestamp for Demo Submission b) Timestamp for First Contact (which is the one I just created) 

Many many thanks 🙂 

TJohnson22

SOLVE

BennyP, for the workflow, what did you designate as the trigger? Call outcome? I am trying to determine how to pull the FIRST call on the contact. 

0 Upvotes
BennyP
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @TJohnson22 , sorry I'm replying just now. In order to calculate b)  Timestamp for First Contact I used a workflow which is based on the "last contacted". This property only captures outbound activity (and thus should exclude any marketing emails). Since I wanted to see when it was first contacted after a demo subsmission, I created some logic based on another timestamp I have for demo inbound submissions. 

BennyP_0-1673547467067.png

0 Upvotes
DBloom

SOLVE

Hi! Is there a way to exclude weekends and non-working hours from this report?

GTooher
Participant

SOLVE

I also also need this!

0 Upvotes
BSherwood
Participant

SOLVE

i also need this

0 Upvotes