💬 RevOps Discussions

Janehayes

Regularly updating blank deal properties with known company properties

Hi all! I have a problem that I think needs some crafty problem-solving minds. 

We track all of our expansions through the deals in an expansions pipeline. We have some customers who ask for new seats or add-ons pretty regularly, so we'll end up with customers who have 10-20 expansion deals created in a year. When they request this, we update chargebee and create a new expansions deal manually.

I want to be able to categorize all our expansion deals by a certain ARR segment. We're currently segmenting our customers in 4 different groups (PLG, SMB, M/M & ENT). Because the thresholds for what is counted toward each segment has changed over the years (ie SMB used to be 0 - 100k, now its 5-40k), I don't want to limit a deal to a specific segment by assigning a field with one of these options. Rather, I want to know what was the contract value of the overall contract before the expansion so that I can have the data to update the segment according to that contract value. 

My ideal solution is that whenever a new expansion deal is created with the "current arr" field unknown, and is associated to a company with "current arr" known, copy the company "current arr" to the deal "current arr". However, it's not possible to copy company properties to deals for deal enrollment workflows.

Does anyone know a potential workaround?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Regularly updating blank deal properties with known company properties

Hi @Janehayes 

Thank you for reaching out and for the details!

I want to tag some of our experts here - @MandyDROS @Olivia_Bagnall @Jnix284 do you have any thoughts for @Janehayes on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes